Ladies and gentlemen, meet graphic designer and font virtuoso, Ms. Laura Worthington. We ran across Laura two years ago during the Fall Fonts Festival, and I earmarked her for a future piece. Well, during prep for December, I peeked in on her and WOW -- discovered "Adorn." Wow! This is not just a font, it's a period design genre! November 26, 2014
Well, we asked this question in a LinkedIn forum three years ago, so we decided to ask it again! DTG went into the very same LinkedIn group and asked this question: "If you could have only one font, which would it be and why?" September 29, 2014
No fonts fest is complete without free fonts, right? No need for us to give you fonts . . . you can just go here and download 350 fonts -- the only free commercial use font collection to receive regular updates of brand new fonts. We like'em ... you will too! September 26, 2014
Here's an interesting experiment in the minds of graphic designers . . . in the 2010 annual fonts fest we went to a graphic design forum on LinkedIn and asked the question. This year we returned to the very same forum and asked the very same question. Whoa! What a difference! September 24, 2014
Sometimes I run into conversations that I just can't resist passing along. Such is this one I ran across on LinkedIn. But what are your thoughts with asked "What's the most overused font of contemporary design?" I have my ideas, and you'd expect passionate responses from any designer of some background and knowledge. Let's see what the LinkedIn graphic design professionals believe the answer is. . . September 13, 2014
You are going to like the look of ARTZ ... it's one of the the newest wood type to be cut at Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum. It was designed by venerable type designer Erik Spiekermann for his own print studio (P98a in Berlin), specifically to be cut into large size wood type. September 10, 2014
- The 20th Anniversary Fonts Fest Part TWO
- Fonts, lettering and typography surf FOUR
- Jim Parkinson : half-century of typography
- New found free Script fonts for the 20th year!
- Photoshop : Never make a Photoshop or Illustrator Style again!
- Graphic Designers Ask : How much should I charge
- 60-Seconds #315 : LinkedIN thinks 360,000 people, including me, are stupid.
- Creative Update 179 -- Graphic Design Creative Inspiration
- GraphicConverter gets an upgrade, and a New Image Verifier
- Marketing Update : AdWords Etiquette, Content Skills, and do we really trust advertising?
- LightWave 3D Group Ultimate Creativity Bundle with OctaneRender
- &Else: All-In-One Mobile 3D Modeling App rivals 3D workstation software
- &Else: An animated template for graphic seals in FinalCut Pro
- &Else: Awesome new features, Pixelmator may be the Photoshop Killer!
- &Else: Help from ColorLogic's color management for more consistent color results
- This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
- Enjoy September... onward toward October
This is the last of this surf, but now we get to have some real fun watching seasoned professionals with real talent apply real ink in creating some superb lettering! I'm also very pleased to bring the official trailer for the movie "Sign Painter" -- a fantastic documentary on the art, craft and times of sign painting. Later, we'll dig deeper into the documentary, but for now, enjoy the September Fonts surf . . . September 1, 2014
We always meet some awesome talents during the Fonts Festival ... as we do all year long. The next talents were actually suggested by DTG readers throughout the year. We often ask for your suggestions, tips and favorites -- and while we sadly don't get a lot of response, we have gotten some real winners. These are just a few examples of some of the visits we'll be making along this year's surf.
Courtney Jeanette; Julia Ruetten; Erik Marinovich; and The wonderful world of Karen To!
So follow along ... September 1, 2014
As we continue our 2014 fonts and lettering surf, we now visit some studios of extraordinary visual communicators! This is where we enjoy seeing fresh, inspiring uses of fonts, typography and lettering. On this page we'll be visiting the polished clean works of Matthew Tapia, then off to the TYPEFIGHT Letter vs. Letter, and the studios of Ruslan Khasanov!
So follow along ... September 1, 2014
- 1 of 11