Getty Images has unveiled its visual trend forecast for 2017. The ground-breaking forecast sets out the macro and micro trends that will influence design, advertising and brand communications throughout 2017 and predicts the social and cultural visual language that consumers will be most responsive to in the years to come. December 2, 2016
MAY 2017 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- May Colors : What's in YOUR palette! CONGRATULATIONS Design Graduates! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
May is brought to you by the color PURPLE ... because it means royalty, and is a frequent color for sashes at Graduation, and the letter "M" for May and Mom! join our FaceBook Group
Like anyone, I hate to be had. This is one for the record books, and probably becoming fairly widespread -- but I don't call in very often, so this was new to me. Sirius wouldn't let me follow online instructions and made me call for help. What happened next really fried me! December 1, 2016
How many times have I said it? Advertising sucks on the web? Some people are starting to agree. This edition of WebUpdate seems to reinforce that concept. This week we'll also see some warnings about your rankings and publishing good, content is good SEO. Let's dig in :
- Web Advertising Sucks... Affiliate Fees Are Going To Take Over!
- 5 Traffic-Growing On-Page Optimization Tips for Publishers
- 5 SEO Myths that Can Seriously Hurt Your Search Rankings
- The Importance of SEO Training for Editorial Teams
- MultiBrief: How to measure social media ROI
- 5 Rules for Publishing Accessible Content
- Why Content Marketing is the New SEO
We are all familiar with Apple, Pepsi, Shell and most of the other world famous brands. Their logos didn’t always look as polished as they do today however. As their companies grew their logos evolved. Some of the changes were subtle and others were drastic, some were a hit and some didn’t stand the test of time. Here’s a trip down branding memory lane. December 1, 2016
Iconographer is Ohanaware's latest macOS application with the goal of helping App Developers (macOS, iOS & Windows), graphic designer and tinkerers, to create high quality and beautiful platform styled icons, from a product logo. Iconographer provides templates and styles for many icon applications, even art that won't be used as an icon! November 30, 2016
EPICOLOR makes professional footage look realistic and natural, just the way you would expect to see it. Colorists all over the world struggle with tedious manual corrections and very complicated tools to get this right. November 29, 2016
It's always rewarding to read a young upstart revealing the lessons I've taught in my seminars and workshops for well over two and a half decades. In 2006 Alex White, that famous type and design expert wrote DT&G to explain "white space", now those lessons show up in our Creative Tidbits 219! But there's more and we hope you have a great time . . .
- Using White Space: How Emptiness Can Give So Much to Design
- A collection of Art Nouveau doors from around the world
- The Future of Design (and how to prepare for it)
- Understanding the Power of Visual Advertising
- Digging the Street Art of Rubén Sánchez
Logo Pop for Mac is a vector based logo design app with powerful new features and a large library of pre-designed logo templates and editable vector royalty free graphics. From concept to design to using your logo in print or online, Logo Pop is a quick way to get your rough ideas and layouts further along for client approval! November 28, 2016
Actually it's been quite a time since our last update, and we've got a bunch of pent-up articles to get out here before the end of the year! So there will be three updates pretty fast in a row. If you're a web designer, not just a template jockey, let us know!
- 5 Web Design Techniques to Make Your Website Search Engine Friendly
- Three simple resolutions on how to do better SEO in 2016
- 9 responsive design mistakes you don’t want to make
- 6 Advanced Google Analytics Tricks You Should Know
- 8 responsive web design trends that defined 2015
- How to Do Unintentional Link Building
- How to be a Problem Solving SEO
All ages benefit from making things ... these books will inspire, instruct and nurture the maker in all of us! Young folks particularly will benefit from these hands-on crafts projects from folding paper to carving wood. These are popularly priced, and offer hours and hours of creativity and crafts skills!
- Action Whirligigs: 25 Easy-to-Do Projects
- Airigami: Realistic Origami Aircraft
- Make Your Own Paper Snowflakes
- Paper Planes Origami Kit