One of the disappointing things about the world of Mac is the blatant abscence of cad software. If you wanted to get anywhere in industrial design, drafting, fabricating or related manufacturing, you're going to have to get Autocad and Solidworks for Windows. These companies own you. They charge thousands for the software, and they bleed you for thousands more for the annual upgrade. That may be changing. February 17, 2016
MAY 2016 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- May Colors : What's in YOUR palette! CONGRATULATIONS Design Graduates! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
May is brought to you by the color PURPLE ... because it means royalty, and is a frequent color for sashes at Graduation, and the letter "M" for May and Mom! join our FaceBook Group
Storyboarding is and art, no matter if it's for video, cinema, comic books or other visual sequentials. If you're writing and producing TV spots, educational films, or other promotional motion pictures then Storyboard Artist is an essential! February 15, 2016
Hamilton Wood Type and UW-Madison Libraries partner to preserve and expand access to Silver Buckle Press
The new year will usher in a new collaboration aimed at advancing the Wisconsin Idea and preserving a treasured piece of University of Wisconsin–Madison history. Beginning in January, the UW–Madison Libraries launch a partnership with Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum to house and care for the Libraries’ historic Silver Buckle Press and its collection. February 11, 2016
Intellectual property theft affects all areas of design and development and the internet has helped it increase dramatically over the past decade. All designers have felt the ping of anger when discovering your client's design used illegally. With many products and licensed products, it's an epidemic -- global theives stealing, duplicating and hawking anything to make a buck! This was sent by the FBI for all to read February 10, 2016
I know -- to a graphic designer, there's nothing better than fresh fonts to bring meaning, tone and mood to any visual communication design project. Remember that the font you use is the voice of your communication. There are so many fonts out there these days, that a design professional should never need to use the same font twice. Well, that may be a bit of a stretch -- but with our February fonts selection, I think you'll have some distinctive graphic design solutions with real voice! Have fun . . . February 9, 2016
Each year, we like to focus on achievements in the visual communications world in celebration of Black History Month. This year we're taking a little different approach in a quest to find creative expressions of Martin Luther King Jr. We've also updated the whole series of pages about Black designers and artists in the world ... February 1, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #2 ~ February
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are celebrting Presidents, and Black History Month in the cold, cold winter
- February: In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 26th year of DT&G --- did you miss me ?
- Creative Tidbits #201: Trump, Iranian type, Adobe Post, classic signs and more
- Photographs that capture a moment of life -- at the exact right moment!
- In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Vintage Valentine's Cuts copyright free clip art on CD-ROM
- 60-Seconds #328 : Why do cybercrime spam cartels keep sending the same, tired old spam?
- Ad Blockers : people finally had enough and now see no ads! Can you blame them?
- 60-Seconds #327 : Who establishes the logo design trends for 2016?
- Awesome Steampunk photo manipulations and photo-realistic illustrations!
- Creative Tidbits #202: anti-drug drive posters, Bikinis, Photoshop Action and more
- Awesome Photographic modifications and manipulations that defy reality
- Creative coloring apps for designers and illustrators of all ages
- Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time ... inspiration for artists and visionaries
- A New Year and A New Look: McDonald's Global Packaging Launches In Style
- WATCH for upcoming changes in the sites and in the editorial slant
We believe, vintage images evolk memories of by-gone days. Mostly created in the Victorian era, these collections illustrate high talent in simpler times -- when artists could afford to spend the time for such art. Now they are at your disposal for graphic design projects, cards or decorations. Even if you don't actually use any of the cuts, they'll provide some excellent resource materials that are copyright free. They're low cost, and provide the ready-to-go January 27, 2016
And now for something totally different . . . for this creative surf, I thought it would be fun just to snoop around and see what kind of creative projects others are doing. We found a few :
* Do-It-Yourself: Quick and Easy Valentine's Projects
* Cupid's Arrow Valentine Printable Cupcake Wrappers
* Do It Yourself Valentines Day Wreath - Posted
* Do It Yourself Pixalated Valentines Card
* Valentine's Day Cards You Make Yourself
* Do-it-yourself Valentine garland
* Happy valentines day
* Valentines shirts!
* Be my Valentine
... and more ! January 26, 2016
Starting this month, McDonald’s restaurants in the United States will unveil new carry-out bags, fountain beverage cups and sandwich boxes. I don't know if this is a hallmark in graphic design, but looking at the history of McDonald's packaging and their urban positioning, it looks like a fun change. January 21, 2016