We've been waiting for this . . . a pocket-sized device allows you to instantly print your photos from today’s most popular smartphones and tablets ... and it's very cool! Who thought of it? Polaroid, of course, the first and only people to invent instant printing. Print and share images anywhere, using your modern mobile device and the Polaroid Zip Instant Photoprinter . . . and I'll bet you're going to want one! April 22, 2015
JULY celebrates "Freedom Month" with patriotic graphics, summer reading, and on-the-road digital photography! Be sure to send in your BEST discoveries to share with the graphic arts community!
WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU?
montage your visual symbols for "freedom" and win prizes!
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and PIN THIS with DTG on Pinterest ... follow us on Twitter
#321: Google smites millions of the unwashed, unmobile at Mobilegeddon! REPENT or ye shall surely perish!
I've been getting email from web designers and ISPs from India to Indianapolis, like late night TV evangelists with bad hairdos, counting down to what they are calling the Mobilegeddon. The call to arms is rolling out : judgment day is tomorrow, April 21. It's so compelling -- blogs are humming, web masters are panicking and there's even a hashtag #mobilegeddon. I just had to do some research and find out why the whole web world is once again bowing down to the latest scriptures of Google. April 20, 2015
Tom McCracken of NewEvolution has sent in this tutorial that shows you how to create a complicated pattern in Photoshop CC 14.2. This is a tutorial that focuses on Rectangle Tool, Move Tool, Rectangular Marquee Tool, creating patterns, tiling patterns and adding texture. April 15, 2015
The spring represents some special interests for graphic designers -- end of school, beginning of the summer buy and travel wave. Here are some starters to get your creative juices flowing :
- Pentagram's New School Rebrand: Best Thing Ever Or Unbearable Monstrosity?
- Perfect archives for collage artists, designers and collectors
- "Happy Town" by Katsumi Tamura wins Golden A' Design Award
- New Photography Acquisitions at Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- TypeTalk: How Good Typography Can Help Your Job Search
- UVU arts grads present final projects showcase
- Vordik Designer Spotlight: Damian Watracz
- Exhibit shows art of design legend
- Putting a typeface to the name
- ... and more !
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
This week's surf was a lot of fun. We got Kraft of craft and Murphy's law! We met designers who make movies and veteran skateboarding designers! So when we say "Roll" with the 20th Annual Designing Women edition -- that could be very literal :
- Verena Michelitsch : New Twist, Old design problems
- Murphy's Law : if it can be fabulous, Kelly does it
- Martina : an eye for color, shape, style and space
- Eugenia Loli motion in collage... and film
- Nomoco : watercolor magician
- The true craft of Kraft
- Hire a Skate Mom!
- and more to come!
We've screamed through the winter and spring is rolling by -- next thing you know it will be summer and back to school time! Your spring marketing sense needs to focus on the coming close of schools, graduation and summer vacations. Your clients should be ready to market strong!
- Five Questions to Help You Decide Whether You Need a Brand-Protection Tool
- Will Facebook force advertisers to forget about tracking cookies?
- A new pricing scheme will change how digital ads are sold
- Programmatic buys 'make sense' for industry
- Planning your next ad strategy
- . . . and more!
April, May, Mother's Day, and the spring launch into Summer will offer an array of marketing opportunities. Tie in with any number of motifs from family to vacation and travel. But first, get your online social networking act together :
- How the latest moves by Twitter and Facebook help you market your organization
- 4 reasons to use direct mail marketing instead of email marketing
- The 8 golden rules of writing great press releases
- The rapid rise of video in content marketing
- 6 things great PR campaigns have in common
- 5 priorities for email marketing in 2015
- . . . and more
Fourteenth annual industry networking gala to help foster film and media community attending 2015 NAB Show. The Creative Pro User Group (CPUG) Network have announced that the Fourteenth Annual Las Vegas SuperMeet will take place on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 in the Royale Ballroom at the Riviera Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nevada. March 24, 2015
I didn't think I would need this when I started, either. But believe me, if you plan to change and grow, you'll eventually have to deal with employees. With employees comes the tedium and misery of managing their time, taxes and benefits. This is the kind of help you'll really need March 23, 2015