In addition to the 2,000 fonts collection -- MacAppware has now rolled out 1000 OpenType Fonts, including new Webfont versions to the fonts, and international type support for languages! There's also a PDF sample book of all the font families so you can quickly reference the fonts you need for a specific project! October 5, 2016
OCTOBER Welcome to the 22nd Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
22nd Annual Fonts Fest Poster
Illuminated Typography ~ Fonts Fest Inspiration Poster
Fonts and more fonts is what the fonts fest is all about -- but we also love lettering, calligraphy and all manner of doing cool stuff with words and letters. Our special treat this week was meeting back up with Gemma O'Brien after so many years! She's become quite the celebrity in the lettering world! Congrats, Gemma! But there's lots more! Have fun . . .
- Fresh bites and delights : Culinary
- Gemma O'Brien lettering
- Sweet Sorrow Free Font
- BARON (Free typefamily)
- Salt and Spices Pro
- True North Textures
In this edition of our publishing update we look at some deep journalism vehicles as well as sponsoring content and academic publishing. Don't forget that digital publishing is only a part of the picture -- the print publishing industry is robust and doing well!
- How millennials interact with long-form journalism on mobile devices
- Editorial and Sales Can Collaborate to Maximize Revenue
- Is Your Publishing Toolkit As Strong As It Can Be?
- Programmatic Publishing: Repurposing Ad Tech
- Sponsored Content And Editorial Integrity
- Academic Publishing Is All About Status
- Rekindling the Passion for Print
- Counteracting Content Shock
We've told you about MacAppware and 128bit Technologies and their Premium Fonts packages before. Well, the 7.0 release of this truly extraordinary fonts collection has added all new Webfont versions -- but that's not all! They have also added a PDF sample book of all the font families so you can quickly reference the fonts you need for a specific project! With this epic collection, you won't need another font for a long time . . . maybe for ever! September 29, 2016
You've talked about it all year! Now you can take action and express the moods and moves of your favorite candidate! Yes, pass the time this summer dressing and undressing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump -- or if you're a collector, get all three! Bet you've wondered how Bernie would look in some of her culottes! It's fun for kids and fun for political mavins of all ages! September 28, 2016
I have a pile of freebies, and just haven't gotten around to including them -- but I'll start including some of them now. Also, an important item for web designers in this issue -- the typography thing between web sites and mobile sites is really a nightmare. Otherwise it's all fun and all good this issue so have a good time!
- Free: Vector Florals, Avatars, Patterns, Shapes and Banners
- Free: Fun Swirls, Doodles, Shapes, Balloons & Cakes
- Free Stuff : Minimalist Sports Icons
- Sally DaBronzo Free Printables
- Typography is impossible
Sometimes we run across something really intriguing and we have to follow up on it -- we were told all about Luc Devroye's article on whether or not Adobe actually created the Cronos font! But there's more -- some nice freebies in this edition, and a young lady doing some remarkable art with type and letterforms! Have fun . . .
- Does Adobe steal fonts? How close are they?
- Posterama Sans Serif, Display with attitude!
- Charmante is a charming little font
- Trying fonts online ... again
- Type on the sidewalk
It's been some time since our last publishing update. Sorry! But seriously, Don't Print The Obituary For The Printing Industry Just Yet! The printing and print publishing industry has never really gone out of style, nor has it slacked off. Yes, it has changed, but the digital age has taken over -- there's a lot of graphic design, typography, photography and illustration still being printed with ink on paper! The graphic design community is still about 80% occupied by print. This is the Publishing Update of the Design & Publishing Center, so we'll consider all realms of publishing! Jump on board . . .
- To Perfect Bind or Saddle Stitch — That is the Question
- 3 kinds of content that are killing digital publishing
- The Importance of Longform Content for Your Website
- Why ‘Easy’ Publishing Solutions Hardly Ever Are
- How digital publishers measure their influence
- Think You'll Outsource Your Content Marketing?
- A Script to Show Options for Placed Files
Moving on into the 4th surf, we'll visit some interesting locations and people. The people are what makes this job so special -- getting to meet people and see what's cookin' in the world of fonts and typography! Follow along . . .
- Nexa Rust font for natural looks - it's a Free Font
- Everybody needs a little Water in their fonts
- From Sea to Shining Sea Vintage Signs
- Jeboy! Script type with style!
- The lost art of Penmanship
Moving on into the 3rd surf for the month, we'll see some new stuff, a new Goudy -- a new Avant, and with the help of Steven Heller and Louise Fili we'll visit some historic fonts!
- Another Marguerite font? Yes, and this one's better!
- ITC Goudy Sans: the different sans serif typefaces
- Slab Serif Type: A Century of Bold Letterforms
- A new Sans in the Avant Garde tradition
- Simpleness Display Free Typeface