It's getting cold, cold, cold, but our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net is hot with this great Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop tutorial! You'll enjoy some tricks for 3D, and then the whole piece drops into Photoshop for finishing! December 1, 2013
PHOTOSHOP Tips & Tricks
TWENTY THREE YEARS! Now in our 23rd year online!
Since 1990, when I had the great pleasure of introducing Russell Brown and a new software package from Adobe to several hundred attendees of my Great Graphics Tips session at Macworld. Photoshop Tips & Tricks has been part of DT&G ever since.
Whether you need to whip out a quick newspaper ad, set up a banner for the mall, order up holiday tshirts, or decorate holiday cards and decorations, you'll be able to create your own clip art in an unlimited supply that are completely copyright free. November 29, 2013
Here we are in the holidays and wow -- what madness! There are really too many to get in before the holidays are over, but we'll try! . . . Mark Johnson even Retouches Santa, right before your very eyes! Plus others that just about drive you mad . . .
* Colorization: Kate Beckinsale by purplink
* Rachel McAdams Colorization
* Hugo Ceneviva puts Santa in ad
* Holiday Wreath Font
... and MORE November 28, 2013
We read a thread on Chuck Green's Facebook page and becamse so interested in this controversy, we snooped around on the web to see any of the thosands of Photoshop Tutorials took a side. Should we colorize historic black and white images? Well they all seemed to be gung-ho to colorize, with little or no mention of ethics. Even the Civil War web site is full steam ahead . . . and it just about drives you mad . . .
* Colorizing the Migrant Woman using GIMP
* Extensive Black/White Colorization Tutorial
* Colorization Tutorial - How to colorize B/W or vintage photographs
* 60 Second Elements: Splashes of Color in Black and White Photos
* Highlight Color Effect in Lightroom – 5 Easy Steps
* Colorizing Black-And-White Photos
* Reddit Colorization
... and MORE November 12, 2013
Here's another notable tutorial by Wu Hui ( Winbluegod ) from Beijing of 4-designer.com. This full Photoshop tutorial will make it easier for you to understand the significant effects of Bevel Emboss and Contour. October 31, 2013
We're simply going mad trying to separate the good from the junk Photoshop stuff... and we've found some more good ones to pass along . . .
Kowing this is the season for shooting landscapes, and autum portraits it's a good time to brush up on some deeper, more advanced techniques. We've got several very good onew from college-level doctors, and another from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . . END THE MADNESS ...
* Photoshop Masking Tutorial — Using Masks To Improve Landscape Images
* How to Make Digital Photos Look like Lomo Photography
* Enhance Your Image with Selective Color Adjustments
* Improve Your Landscape Photographs Using Photoshop
* Color Correction Using Levels and Eyedroppers
* Vignetting : the good, the bad and the ugly
* Giving Your Photos A Glow
* Your photos, 300-style!
... and MORE October 30, 2013
Just in time for the holidays, our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net sendis this great Adobe Illustrator tutorial! Now, you can run like this, or modify the color scheme for perfect holiday decoriations! She covers a number of good techniques good for beginner to intermediate Illustrator users, and then takes you all into Adobe Photoshop for the finishing touches. October 29, 2013
We're seeing more people take photos using their iPads because it's their most handy camera, but can you really get a good shot? Of course! Photo expert Jeff Carlson shares techniques for snapping sharper photos, handling exposure, and capturing HDR images. Enjoy this free chapter from Jeff's book! September 27, 2013
We're back, catching up on unfinished business from our last Retouching post several weeks ago. We promised some good HDR and Retouching techniques -- so here they are, even one from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . .
* Using the HDR Feature in Photoshop CS2/CS3
* How to Create Professional HDR Images
* Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop
* What is HDR and why do we need it?
* Results Using Layers in Photoshop
* Exposure blending tutorial
... and MORE September 24, 2013
We're back, to wrap up the 19th Annual Fall Fonts Fest with this madness of yet more text effects -- even a retro one that's actually not, and one from the cleaned-up Photoshop Planet guys . . . ENJOY:
* Beautiful Glossy Text Art Using Photoshop
* Easy Way to Work on a Great Text Art
* How to Design a Retro Style Text
* Elegant Text Effect for 2013
* Glowing Rusty Text Effect
* 3D Sliced Text Effects
... and MORE September 18, 2013
- 1 of 22