Did you read my article about visiting Drepung Loseling Monks to watch as they created mandalas from colored sand! Now that "adult coloring" has become in vogue, our collection of samples from Mandala coloring books becomes right in style! Here are 64 free sheets you can try, and then buy the coloring book that offers more of your favorites! December 7, 2015
GALLERY at the Design & Publishing Center . . . . Welcome to our 26th Annual Design Center Gallery ... sign up NOW to have your portfolio featured! We feature outstanding visual works of the Design Center readership.
Let's see what's in your portfolio so we can display your best portfolio works in the Design and Publishing Center Gallery... what's in your portfolio? Join our FaceBook Group
This week's surf was a lot of fun. We got Kraft of craft and Murphy's law! We met designers who make movies and veteran skateboarding designers! So when we say "Roll" with the 20th Annual Designing Women edition -- that could be very literal :
- Verena Michelitsch : New Twist, Old design problems
- Murphy's Law : if it can be fabulous, Kelly does it
- Martina : an eye for color, shape, style and space
- Eugenia Loli motion in collage... and film
- Nomoco : watercolor magician
- The true craft of Kraft
- Hire a Skate Mom!
- and more to come!
Here we go with field trip #3 and we're stopping in on two of our favorites from years past ... kicking off with Laura Smith (ten years later) and more in the 20th Annual Designing Women edition!
- You need this : Design and User Experience
- Laura Moretti Communicazione Visiva Design
- Maria Papaefstathiou . . . It's Just M (-:
- Laura Smith : Classic Illustration
- Daniela Uhlig is Tank Girl
- Janet is the real deal
- Alessandra Scandella
- and more to come!
Okay, we've found some more for "Women's History Month"! Actually, some of these were sent in by readers, and we have several more to bring ing. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf part TWO :
- Marie Assénat : How much fun can you have?
- Jessica Svendsen : real graphic design
- Leta takes a unique point of view
- Felicita Sala Italian playfulness
- Nicole Miller-Wong
- Amanda Jane Jones
- and more to come!
As we embark on this year's "Women's History Month" someone mentioned that fashion plays a huge role in societal development -- and that some of the world's most beloved fashion designers are women! So we pulled from the Design-bookshelf's playbook and opened these books that follow a bit of the path of fashion. The samples we've included here are drawings or actual clip art that appeared in publications. They all give a visual waltz through the 19th and 20th centuries of fashion! Enjoy! February 25, 2015
Every year one individual seems to stand out from the rest -- captivating our interest and admiration. In 2008 it was Luba Lukova; in 2010 it was Jessica Hische; ten years ago it was Nena Anderson -- there are many others, and they all have one thing in common. Beside their extraordinary talent they share a unique perspective of vision along with an entrepreneurial spirit that takes them to the top of their field! Lois van Baarle epitomizes those qualities -- and is our Designing Woman for March 2015! February 25, 2015
March is "Women's History Month" and each year for the past twenty years, we've celebrated with a guided tour of some of the best designing women we could find in the world. Some of these were actually sent in by readers, others were discovered online by staff. . Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf 1 :
- UN Women ad series reveals widespread sexism
- Hallie McGee ~ Designer + Creative
- How the Media Failed Women in 2013
- Nicoz Balboa: Magical Mystery Wood
- Anita Wasik : Divine Vision
- Liz Clements : the fine pen
- Three Designing Women
- Luci Gutiérrez
- Ena Cardenal
- ... and more to come!
Celebrating Women's History Month won't be complete without taking a look at some of the spectacular work created by women in the art and publishing world. Many of us were raised on these illustrations. A whole generation enjoyed books and reading as the favored diversion -- there were no TVs, computers or other visual medias. Enjoy these samples from the book! February 23, 2015
For the 20th March, welcome to the first Designing Women edition of 2015. Where do you find creative inspiration? Watching others in the creative processes is the best way to get those creative juices flowing. I thought we would get started a little early because there's so much content to cover. :
- Kemistry's Graham McCallum on 100 years of design changing technology
- 16 Iconic Creations by Architecture and Design Power Couples
- Designing Women: designer becomes top creative 'crowdsourcer'
- This is beading on steroids ... down south of the border
- The Military’s Graphic Design War On Venereal Disease
- Designing Women: New school design and website ...
- The works of Jean Jullien ... an interview
- When Harry Met Sally Met Graphic Design
- 12000 free outline icons
- ... and more !
The 19th Annual Designing Women Edition presents Designing Women of Europe! In celebration of Women's History Month, last month, we celebrated Designing Women in the USA, this month we celebrate these outstanding women designers from Poland, Spain, England, and all points around Europe. These are also highlighted with samples, descriptions and links to their sites in our Designing Women pages! Enjoy April 1, 2014