Comic Draw, a full-featured comic creation and publishing application for iPad makes it real fun to generate awesome comics and comic style layouts. April 27, 2017
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 29 years! Twenty-nine years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
This issue focuses on essays that are important to the overall scheme of graphic design. But it's not all work and no play -- we got free vector art along with insights into a really fun drawing app that does other stuff too!
- 20 Free Vector Pallet Wood Textures in AI, EPS & PNG Format
- I didn’t know Sketch could do that!
- Creativity on Demand
- Stereotype Tumblr
Red Giant has just released Blockbuster and Holomoji, two all-new sticker packs for iOS users. Designed by Red Giant filmmaker Seth Worley and iOS developer Micah Lanier, the sticker packs leverage the very best of Red Giant motion graphics and visual effects to bring a sense of Hollywood action to iMessage conversations. April 24, 2017
Here we go ... running a little late on this one, should have posted it last week! But hey, I'm just having too much fun with Designing Women and the spring of things! Here, follow along:
- Light & Feather: 4 Free MockUps
- 25 logo design tips from the experts
- The strange story of the world's most famous logo
- Art Nouveau and Ballpark style from
- Fake News? Rethinking The Ethics Of Photoshop
While working up some pages and Creative Tidbits for our Designing Women special I discovered the art of painting stones. I had no idea it is such a popular and wide-spread practiced art and craft. Although searches bring up literally millions of images, it is not a new art. It's one that's been practiced for thousands of years. Here are just a few of the highlights we found.
- Rock Art!: Painting and Crafting with the Humble Pebble
- How to paint rock mandalas
- Meditative Mandala Stones
- The Art of Stone Painting
- Cindy Thomas Rocks
- A gallery of pages and samples
What's more fun than Cinemagraphic GIF files, moving? Well, we've got those, along with another free font and some art photography you can enjoy. I've provided a link to see all the images as thumbnails too! Along with that we see another of those "minimal" logo collections -- are they really logos? We'll see, and we'll have a great time this this issue.
- 85 Great Art Photography Examples For Inspiration
- How To Create GIF Using Adobe Photoshop?
- InfoGraphics components you might like
- Signatura Monoline Free Typeface
- 10 Free Minimal Vector Logos
This week's Tidbits has something for everyone! We really enjoy learning opportunities, and Hannah Poindexter's piece is very good and should be part of our legendary "Brief History of Typography" series in the Type Department. Yes, and speaking of type, we do have a free font this time, and a free DTP template as well as more tips on creating your online portfolio.
We always welcome your suggestions and ideas and items for the DTG Creative staff to visit and review! Just lead us there!
- We Used To Have 6 More Letters In Our Alphabet
- This one searches Flicker to find your colors
- Essential Steps to Making a Killer Portfolio
- Clean Design Free Resume Template
- Lively Serif goes Deco
Off to a great start, and here comes February! My favorite item in this edition of Creative Tidbits is the Photo exposition from the 2016 White House photographs -- WOW! Yes, and a free font, some excellent Photoshop Text effects and how to 'fix' Design cannibalism ... a great issue this week and remember, you can always suggest items for the DTG Creative staff to visit and review! Just lead us there!
- 6 Steps To Creating A Knockout Online Portfolio
- Rosarina Font: speak softly, carry a big stick
- 2016 White House in Photographs
- Problem: Design cannibalism
- Photoshop Cool Text Effects
Getty Images has unveiled its visual trend forecast for 2017. The ground-breaking forecast sets out the macro and micro trends that will influence design, advertising and brand communications throughout 2017 and predicts the social and cultural visual language that consumers will be most responsive to in the years to come. December 2, 2016
We are all familiar with Apple, Pepsi, Shell and most of the other world famous brands. Their logos didn’t always look as polished as they do today however. As their companies grew their logos evolved. Some of the changes were subtle and others were drastic, some were a hit and some didn’t stand the test of time. Here’s a trip down branding memory lane. December 1, 2016
- 1 of 53