Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 21, 2015
SIXTY-SECONDS BLOG: ... which is actually 60-Second Windows, or 60-Seconds.com ... Fred Showker blogs about the realms of publishing, graphics, computing, social networking, marketing, promotions, and media-- with an eye to entertaining, amazing information that will possibly make you think! Published since 1988 as syndicated articles for user group newsletters, these are vital tidbits for busy computer users that you can read in 60-seconds! Join me on FaceBook and follow along on Twitter. Or, you can meet up with Fred +FredShowker, @FredShowker
For the 20th March, welcome to the first Designing Women edition of 2015. Where do you find creative inspiration? Watching others in the creative processes is the best way to get those creative juices flowing. I thought we would get started a little early because there's so much content to cover. :
- Kemistry's Graham McCallum on 100 years of design changing technology
- 16 Iconic Creations by Architecture and Design Power Couples
- Designing Women: designer becomes top creative 'crowdsourcer'
- This is beading on steroids ... down south of the border
- The Military’s Graphic Design War On Venereal Disease
- Designing Women: New school design and website ...
- The works of Jean Jullien ... an interview
- When Harry Met Sally Met Graphic Design
- 12000 free outline icons
- ... and more !
It's winter, and many places around the world are being covered by snow. In parts of the North American continent, they're being covered with blanket after blanket after blanket of record-breaking snowfall. Many places turn that event into a fun event by building snow sculptures. February 17, 2015
I'm finishing up on the February 2015 edition and it really hit home when I changed the volume number from 24 to 25. This is volume 25 -- Twenty-five years online. It's funny how I can actually remember at least two readers who subscribed in the first couple of months -- STILL reading and now friends on Facebook. You know who you are -- can you believe it's been a quarter of a century? January 27, 2015
Hurry . . . The Sidney Hillman Foundation is accepting entries for the 2015 Hillman Prizes which honor investigative journalism and commentary in the public interest. But you've got to get nominations in . . . DEADLINE JANUARY 30 January 26, 2015
It's that time of year and just for fun we decided to get some crazy stuff for you to enjoy! The first item is a killer ... please enjoy that one for sure! ... here we go:
- Top 10 list of the outrageously expensive Valentines Gifts
- Lots of free vector starter images for Valentine's
- Adobe Illustrator Tutorial: Be My Valentine
- A Font with emotion : My Valentines Love
- Adam McIver 16 Valentines
- Happy Valentine's Day
- ... and more !
And now for something totally different . . . for this creative surf, I thought it would be fun just to snoop around and see what kind of creative projects others are doing. We found a few :
* Do-It-Yourself: Quick and Easy Valentine's Projects
* Cupid's Arrow Valentine Printable Cupcake Wrappers
* Do It Yourself Valentines Day Wreath - Posted
* Do It Yourself Pixalated Valentines Card
* Valentine's Day Cards You Make Yourself
* Do-it-yourself Valentine garland
* Happy valentines day
* Valentines shirts!
* Be my Valentine
... and more ! January 22, 2015
Sooner or later you're going to end up in that period of life when your peer group's parents are passing away, and you're dealing with wills, living wills, trusts, closing estates and so forth. When my Mom passed away we had no keys, no passwords and no way to close her online life other than certified letters and Fed-ex overnight packs. Four years later, there are still some unresolved. Have you considered your personal, digital exit plan? If you don't have a digital will, you'd better read this article and get one before it's too late. December 29, 2014
Mainstream news and online sharing stimulates conversations for some of the most ‘talked about’ research articles this year. Alternative metrics provider Altmetric LLP has looked at the top 100 academic papers receiving the most online attention in 2014 – and the conversations happening around them. December 16, 2014
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!