A booming industry often overlooked is the gaming industry ... no, I'm not talking about video or computer games, I'm talking about Las Vegas! I had the best time photographing these slot machine headers, I began trying to guess the base type fonts and the processes used to print these lighted headers! It's fun and fascinating! July 12, 2016
It's summer time and a great time for some body painting! That's really interesting but also enjoy the first female typographer, Prince's logo disks, and the Photoshop Newspaper filter ... it's a good time to get creative news and inspiration
- The Legend of Prince's Font Symbol Floppy Disks
- The Body Painting Art, craft and graphic design
- Yet another anatomy-of-type discovered
- Newspaper Photo Photoshop Action
- The First Female Typographer
- Body Painting Arts
Don't you just love election years? With Facebook becoming the public bully-pulpit for Kooks, jerks, brains, hucksters, criminals and even legitimate politicians you can find more interesting takes on art ever -- some good, and some will be bad but they'll all be fun. And, along with that comes the traditional discussion of various logos. The web is now full of logo designers, in fact you can't hardly turn a page without hitting two or three! Anyway, this is my surf for creative stuff over the past couple of weeks and it's a trilogy. Watch for the other two parts next week!
- Students create logos for an upcoming international event
- Logo design: how to stop Twitter hating your new logo
- RI Artscape: Reading The Presidential Campaign Logos
- Iordanis Passas offers the Baston display font
- Six Foot Giraffe is where I keep my things.
- 6 (More) Tips to Get Past a Creative Block
This is why I love doing the creative tidbits. Sometimes we have some simple ones and sometimes complicated ones. This week, we've even got a very cool nne new video you don't want to miss! And, yes, yet another Adobe shortcuts chart to end all shortcuts charts. Jump in and enjoy ... and don't forget to send me your favorites to share with DTG readers.
- Artist Brian Yap on How iPad Apps Transformed The Way He Works
- Tobias Saul lettering, typography, illustration excellence
- HUGE Adobe Shortcuts charts in infographic
- A great logo Hewlett-Packard isn't using?
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #3 ~ March
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- March: Designing Women
- 21st Annual Designing Women Celebration:
New finds, old friends, remarkable designing women
- Designing Women : The remarkable Louise Fili
- Ilene Strizver : The hardest working woman in the Typography biz
- Favorite articles from Ilene Strizver, founder of The
Type Studio and TypeTalk at Creative Pro
- 60 Seconds #329 : 10 Ways to BREAK the Creative Block
for designers, illustrators, writers
- Web Design : Is Complex Graphic Design UX Friendly?
- This is one of the last sites where you will not be stalked
it's time to protect yourself from cookies
- 60-Seconds #330 : Is it a copy? Is it not a copy?
Copy-anti-copy? Plagiarism? Stock?
- Marilyn Monroe, August 1953: The Lost LOOK Photos
- At last, powerful 2D and 3D, world class CAD for Macintosh
- Better story telling and visual flow using StoryBoard Artist
- Designers' Concern : Countering the Growing Intellectual Property Theft Threat
- April is just around the corner
If you think you've got the creative block, don't think you're alone. We all get it, and we all have to break it. I've been doing this for nearly half a century. During my seminar days, the creative block was one of the most popular questions from attendees. "Fred, how do you get creative ideas?" ... "How can I break writer's block?" Everyone has his or her favorites. These have proven over the years to work... try'em out next time you're stuck for a story, a drawing, and ad concept or anytime you need a creative jumpstart. February 24, 2016
And now for something totally different . . . for this creative surf, I thought it would be fun just to snoop around and see what kind of creative projects others are doing. We found a few :
* Do-It-Yourself: Quick and Easy Valentine's Projects
* Cupid's Arrow Valentine Printable Cupcake Wrappers
* Do It Yourself Valentines Day Wreath - Posted
* Do It Yourself Pixalated Valentines Card
* Valentine's Day Cards You Make Yourself
* Do-it-yourself Valentine garland
* Happy valentines day
* Valentines shirts!
* Be my Valentine
... and more ! January 26, 2016
Somebody posted their 'logo design trends for 2016' to a LinkedIN design group, so I decided to follow it. Much to my surprise, they talked about design techniques that have always been in use, and never go out of style. Needless to say, I was intriqued. Who really decides what the logo design trends for 2016 really are? I went on the quest. January 13, 2016
- 1 of 7