Our good friend Chuck Green recently made a post to Facebook about the digital colorization of historical photographs. His complaint was followed by a ponderous tome of learned comments from both sides of the isle. An alarm went off in my head. I'm thinking; hey, everyone already knows about that -- but then, do they? So I went digging for all the "Digital Ethics" information that I've written about since the late 1980s and discovered -- OMG: over a decade has gone by! These "newbies" could very well not be informed about Digital Ethics. November 13, 2013
SIXTY-SECONDS BLOG: Fred Showker blogs about the realms of publishing, graphics, computing, social networking, marketing, promotions, and media-- with an eye to entertaining, amazing information that will possibly make you think! Published since 1988 as syndicated articles for user group newsletters, these are vital tidbits for busy computer users that you can read in 60-seconds! Join me on FaceBook and follow along on Twitter
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #11 ~ November, 2013
01 November: Design Holidays
02 Illustrator and Photoshop Colorful Balls Text Effect for the holidays or any time
03 Photoshop Madness High-End Photo Retouching, Tips & Tricks
04 Photoshop Tutorial : misunderstood emboss and contour now made easy!
05 Creative Graphic Design: video of a yolk, a designer's view, and skinhead culture
06 Learning the art of Branding, design method, planning, presenting and business innovation
07 Adobe Creative Inspiration from celebrities like Deke McClelland and Paula Scher
08 Marketing Update : infographics, mobile mindsets, digital engagement and more
09 Creative Graphic Design: Infographics, Typepedia, and font anatomy
10 Marketing Update : Direct marketing, social media, Infographics and Retargeting
11 301 60-Seconds : Quick, figure this out
12 Creative Graphic Design: Numbers, studios, gallery and virus fonts
13 Marketing Update : Going Social, jumping infographics, push mobile, content is king
14 What do Hand-Held 3D Scanning, Russia and Napoleon have in common?
15 Employee wellbeing influences corporate reputation in social media
16 Getting Schooled in the New Industry Buzzword: Content Marketing
17 To our Friends and Suporters
18 HAPPY HOLIDAYS November and December November 1, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
As you know -- things aren't always the way they seem! There are a lot of really down-to-earth lessons our educational system seems to be missing these days in favor of more lofty, perhaps unnecessary, lessons. Today, John McWade sent me a brain teaser that clearly illustrates this point... October 21, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #10 ~ October
* October: Fall Fonts Festival
* Creative Graphic Design: Fonts Fest, Design for the Homeless, Jobs in Print
* Photoshop Madness for High-End Photo Retouching & HDR techniques
* Photoshop Madness : Even MORE Text Effects
* Typography & Lettering inspiration - vintage travel posters and tags TWO
* Graphic design logos, branding and logotype design training for young designers
* Type, Fonts, & Lettering from the Blue Pencil to the London Underground
* The Surf Goes On : Web Fonts, Font Deck, and Sewing Type
* The Next Type, Fonts, Lettering & cool stuff Surf
* Type, Fonts, & Lettering fat and happy, even Comic Sans
* Bringing to life a world-wide zombie invasion 'World War Z'
* DTG Picks : Vector Drawing Apps for the Mac
* Pioneers Festival to Gather World's Brightest Entrepreneurs
* The iPad for Photographers: Master the Newest Tool in your Camera Bag
* Take Great Photos with Your iPad
* One of my treasured resources is Vector Stock
* It's a Rainbow! No, it's FontRainbow
* Get ready for the Holiday Season... October 1, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #9 ~ SEPTEMBER
* Welcome to September & the 19th Annual Fall Fonts Fest
* Typography & Lettering Design inspiration found in vintage travel posters and tags
* Typographical Flourishes The Easy Way
* Photoshop Madness for the Fonts Festival
* The Font Rainbow
* The 19th Annual Typography, Lettering, Fonts & cool stuff Surf
* Type, Typography & Lettering Books revisited
* 4 Apps to Enhance the TV Second-Screen Experience
* Chalkboard art & typography: real skills and craft
* Transform photos into stunning, unforgettable paintings and drawings
* BWStyler creates traditional B&W looks as well as stylish new effects
* Here comes a collection of Free Fonts From 128bit Technologies
* Artist David Scott Leibowitz unveils iPhone/iPad Art Book
* Now You Can Sketch Portraits Like a Pro
* iDraw now imports/exports Adobe Photoshop!
* What do you have on Pinterest?
* TypeZilla : the super premium typography set for only $32
* &Else : News, Views & Reviews for September September 1, 2013
As the iPad matures into the market and more people are using tablets, I'm having a lot of fun and inspiration with digital magazines. I always loved printed magazines, so now I can enjoy many more on my iPad. August 19, 2013
- 1 of 20