There's a new FontAgent in town, to help you get your fonts act together. We've told you about Font Agent before ... now there is an all new version with some substantial new features! July 30, 2016
A booming industry often overlooked is the gaming industry ... no, I'm not talking about video or computer games, I'm talking about Las Vegas! I had the best time photographing these slot machine headers, I began trying to guess the base type fonts and the processes used to print these lighted headers! It's fun and fascinating! July 12, 2016
Jumping into June, we're on a roll for creative summer stuff that will perk your imagination and creative juices. Once again, we're into some good reading and some good idea starters. When you travel this summer, keep clicking that camera and seeing the design inspiration that is all around you! Send in your favorites to share in Creative Tidbits . . .
- In corporate design, humor can be your most powerful tool—or a total disaster
- Omahan says controversial license plate is based on his 2002 design
- York College students publish art books
- Scott Thorp: Designing the Future
Feels like we're rushing down-hill into spring, and with that comes all kinds of new summer and seasonal design for marketing. This issue has some thoughtful items moreso than just eye-candy. Don't forget -- if you have an item for Creative Tidbits, just send it along -- we'll get right back to you! For now, enjoy . . .
- Textile artist Kustaa Saski delivers a world of psychedelic dreamscapes
- Which is better: mobile app development or responsive web design
- Graphic design seniors turn ideas into beautiful realities
- Special birthday shirts fly off rack
- The Science of Font Selection
Don't you just love election years? With Facebook becoming the public bully-pulpit for Kooks, jerks, brains, hucksters, criminals and even legitimate politicians you can find more interesting takes on art ever -- some good, and some will be bad but they'll all be fun. And, along with that comes the traditional discussion of various logos. The web is now full of logo designers, in fact you can't hardly turn a page without hitting two or three! Anyway, this is my surf for creative stuff over the past couple of weeks and it's a trilogy. Watch for the other two parts next week!
- Students create logos for an upcoming international event
- Logo design: how to stop Twitter hating your new logo
- RI Artscape: Reading The Presidential Campaign Logos
- Iordanis Passas offers the Baston display font
- Six Foot Giraffe is where I keep my things.
- 6 (More) Tips to Get Past a Creative Block
We ran across Laura again quite by accident, but thought for some reason we had met her before -- which we had -- we featured her in 2013. Low and behold we catch back up with her and discover she's continuing as one of the masters of lettering fonts in the world! Ladies and gentlemen, please meet Lura Worthington . . . . April 29, 2016
This is why I love doing the creative tidbits. Sometimes we have some simple ones and sometimes complicated ones. This week, we've even got a very cool nne new video you don't want to miss! And, yes, yet another Adobe shortcuts chart to end all shortcuts charts. Jump in and enjoy ... and don't forget to send me your favorites to share with DTG readers.
- Artist Brian Yap on How iPad Apps Transformed The Way He Works
- Tobias Saul lettering, typography, illustration excellence
- HUGE Adobe Shortcuts charts in infographic
- A great logo Hewlett-Packard isn't using?
Here we are, and when you express your messages with fonts that show joy and spirit and personality, your message will take on those attributes. Designers who love to design understand the importance of that subliminal message the font sends -- that vision -- that visual signal. November 28, 2015
The Eric Gill Series from Monotype is an unprecedented suite of typefaces. It takes classic typefaces from Eric Gill and reimagines them for the 21st century. Digital imaging technologies and the communication needs of today’s graphic communicators were at the forefront of the development of these typefaces. November 18, 2015
This is the time to design for comfortable, friendly feelings. Nothing better than some fresh, hand lettering or vintage lettering to denote family, fun and casual times. These are three font families that are very friendly, expert level, professionally designed but won't cost but a few dollars. November 17, 2015
- 1 of 14