For all those users of Instagram, Insta Split Photo Editor for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad allows the users to blend several photos in a single frame. The app has many (18) layouts each of which can be adjusted for the size. With this app, maybe we won't see so many horrible Instagram photos! August 25, 2014
The Pixelmator Team has done all graphic artists a favor. Their new Pixelmator 3.2 Sandstone is an amazing update to its (already) fast, innovative, and powerful image editing app, featuring an all-new Repair Tool, 16-bits per channel support, and Lock Layers feature. August 15, 2014
Here we are in the holidays and wow -- what madness! There are really too many to get in before the holidays are over, but we'll try! . . . Mark Johnson even Retouches Santa, right before your very eyes! Plus others that just about drive you mad . . .
* Colorization: Kate Beckinsale by purplink
* Rachel McAdams Colorization
* Hugo Ceneviva puts Santa in ad
* Holiday Wreath Font
... and MORE November 28, 2013
Tiffen Photo fx version 5.03 and Tiffen Photo fx Ultra version 5.02 are now compatible with and fully optimized for Apple iOS 7 -- Tiffen Photo fx Ultra recently won the "Best Mobile Photo App of 2013" award from the prestigious Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) November 18, 2013
Our good friend Chuck Green recently made a post to Facebook about the digital colorization of historical photographs. His complaint was followed by a ponderous tome of learned comments from both sides of the isle. An alarm went off in my head. I'm thinking; hey, everyone already knows about that -- but then, do they? So I went digging for all the "Digital Ethics" information that I've written about since the late 1980s and discovered -- OMG: over a decade has gone by! These "newbies" could very well not be informed about Digital Ethics. November 13, 2013
We read a thread on Chuck Green's Facebook page and becamse so interested in this controversy, we snooped around on the web to see any of the thosands of Photoshop Tutorials took a side. Should we colorize historic black and white images? Well they all seemed to be gung-ho to colorize, with little or no mention of ethics. Even the Civil War web site is full steam ahead . . . and it just about drives you mad . . .
* Colorizing the Migrant Woman using GIMP
* Extensive Black/White Colorization Tutorial
* Colorization Tutorial - How to colorize B/W or vintage photographs
* 60 Second Elements: Splashes of Color in Black and White Photos
* Highlight Color Effect in Lightroom – 5 Easy Steps
* Colorizing Black-And-White Photos
* Reddit Colorization
... and MORE November 12, 2013
We're simply going mad trying to separate the good from the junk Photoshop stuff... and we've found some more good ones to pass along . . .
Kowing this is the season for shooting landscapes, and autum portraits it's a good time to brush up on some deeper, more advanced techniques. We've got several very good onew from college-level doctors, and another from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . . END THE MADNESS ...
* Photoshop Masking Tutorial — Using Masks To Improve Landscape Images
* How to Make Digital Photos Look like Lomo Photography
* Enhance Your Image with Selective Color Adjustments
* Improve Your Landscape Photographs Using Photoshop
* Color Correction Using Levels and Eyedroppers
* Vignetting : the good, the bad and the ugly
* Giving Your Photos A Glow
* Your photos, 300-style!
... and MORE October 30, 2013
Apple's popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and online access to effectively complete and share your work away from the studio. September 27, 2013
We're back, catching up on unfinished business from our last Retouching post several weeks ago. We promised some good HDR and Retouching techniques -- so here they are, even one from Mr. Photoshop himself, Colin Smith . . .
* Using the HDR Feature in Photoshop CS2/CS3
* How to Create Professional HDR Images
* Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop
* What is HDR and why do we need it?
* Results Using Layers in Photoshop
* Exposure blending tutorial
... and MORE September 24, 2013