During our March and April "Women's History Month" we like to go back and revisit some of the rare talents we met years ago -- just to see how they're doing. This young talent in Seoul, South Korea caught our attention several years ago -- and we've been captivated ever since. This kind of special talent deserves a new visit every few years . . . hopefully there will be many more to come! March 1, 2014
In this Photoshop Tutorial from Wu Hui, we see a unique procedure for producing a triangle mosaic that does not rely on Photoshop's automated routines. Not only do you learn the functions -- it demonstrates how you can utilize Photoshop without filters or styles and actually obtain better results. December 30, 2013
It's getting cold, cold, cold, but our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net is hot with this great Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop tutorial! You'll enjoy some tricks for 3D, and then the whole piece drops into Photoshop for finishing! December 1, 2013
Whether you need to whip out a quick newspaper ad, set up a banner for the mall, order up holiday tshirts, or decorate holiday cards and decorations, you'll be able to create your own clip art in an unlimited supply that are completely copyright free. November 29, 2013
Just in time for the holidays, our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net sendis this great Adobe Illustrator tutorial! Now, you can run like this, or modify the color scheme for perfect holiday decoriations! She covers a number of good techniques good for beginner to intermediate Illustrator users, and then takes you all into Adobe Photoshop for the finishing touches. October 29, 2013
The creative inspiration quest continues and edition features two videos along with some extraordinary illustration and a conversation with a designer about the new iPhone interface ... here we go:
* PaperSpecs Reveals the Trials and Triumphs of Designing Print Projects
* Brobesity? 3-D Avatars Of The Average Joe Are A Hefty Dose Of Reality
* Several iOS 7 Design Choices Criticized By Experienced Designer
* Christoph Niemann: Illustrator, Graphic Designer
* Skinhead culture in graphic design
* Back to the drawing board
... and more ! October 28, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest moving toward November with some special insights into the creative spirit, and a visit to one of the most important studios of our time! Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Infographic: Just How Dangerous Is The Dye In Your Food?
* Smart people do smart things ... Jason Santa Maria
* Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design
* Can graphic design make feminism cool?
* Russia's Top 20 Designers Today
* Learn: Anatomy of a Typeface
... and more ! October 24, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest carry over into October, we're finding some great stuff to share. Send in your creative ideas for the holidays this month! Here we go . . .
* Cutting, carving, etching, gilding designs into glass
* Lights and Glamor mark this design studio's success
* A Design Studio Called Number 17, A Very Short List
* Virus Fonts express the spirit of the age . . .
* Barnbrook -- Studio 12 . . . spells "WOW"
* OMG it's Oliver Munday
... and more ! October 16, 2013
Yes, it's fall fonts fest time again, but before we get into the dozens of items we have for the festival, we're still tracking creative learning in this edition . . .
* New initiative from Quadrant2Design, to cut the cost of graphic design to Zero
* How *Photoshop Brushes* Helps People Develop Their Graphic Design Skills
* 99Designs launches Swiftly: where a design change is $15 an hour
* Graphic design students win north american awards competition
* Design students create posters to tackle loan shark problem
* Minimal Sneaker Study | Jack Stocker’s Nike Exhibit
* Can Good Graphic Design Help The Homeless?
* Five Best Jobs for Those in Print Design
* Varun Nunkoo – Passion, dream and talent
* Summer shirts from Cuckoos Nest
... and more ! September 30, 2013
Here's a special edition of PHOTOSHOP MADNESS specifically for text, type, typography and fonts techniques. You'll find 1,100,000 tutorials on the web for text effects, all claiming to be the 'best' Photoshop text effects. In reality there are only a few hundred, because the vast array of several thousand replicator sites have picked up the same tutorials and lay claim to them but redirect you to another site. Some are really good, others really, really suck, like those loaded with screen spam, stalker links and pop-ups that take over your system and won't let you go!
These tutorials have been tested to be pretty good -- and you note we actually give credit to the original site, listing the site name. There are a lot more we'll be sending out over the weeks to come :
* Create a Shiny, Gold, Old World Text Effect in Photoshop
* Create a Steam Powered Typographic Treatment
* Place An Image In Text With Photoshop
* Great Gooey Photoshop Text Tutorial
* Delicious Bagels Text Effect
... and MORE August 30, 2013