Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016
Here we are in the spring ... and we're back on the track of wonderful color in Photoshop ... it's also Mothers' Day in May so watch for our Mothers' Day special . . . for now, just don't get yourself into too much Photoshop Madness :
- Adobe Photoshop - Color Swatches and Color Libraries
- How Do I Create Custom Color Palettes in Photoshop?
- Thread: The Zorn Color Palette for Photoshop
- Handling Colors – Part I: Palettes
- Picking and using color for color
- Fun with in-engine color grading
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #6 ~ JUNE
- Welcome to JUNE 2009
- WIN prizes for sharing your favorite shots
- Our friends are your friends
- Photoshop : More Spring Color Palette Madness
- Create Hot Original Lighting Effects with Photoshop
- You probably don't need a masters' degreee in photography
- Why Black & White? Commentary by Robert Bruce Duncan
- Ask Ted: Is my price to high?
- Creative Tidbits #174: Going to the Summer like a visual feast of graphic design
- 60-Seconds #312 : The Age of Bad Photography
- 11 Desktop Publishing & Design News 1406 : Print publishing in a digital world
- Publishing Update : Is there a global shift back to print publishing?
- Marketing Update : visual content, QR codes, email etiquette and Facebook is Throttling Marketers
- Web Design & Review department with dozens of new items
- A new photo blending app for intuitive editing -- called Union
- Camera Plus now updated to include AirSnap
- &ELSE... News, views, reviews and cool stuff
- From the Editor for JUNE -- it's 5-o'clock somewhere
Our next jaunt takes us to some new palettes, a tutorial and a tutorial wannabe. But a special treat at the end is simply a series of others we liked and wanted to share. Don't forget to send in your favorites . . .
* Tutorial : Making a Color Palette in Photoshop
* Tutorial Wannabe : DIY Color Inspiration Palette
* 12 beautiful color palettes
* How to Digitally Paint Hair
* more samples . . .
. . . and MORE May 6, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #5 ~ May
01. MAY 2014 ... Mother's Day, design graduates get a fresh start...
02 Photoshop Madness : Tutorials and more for color, palettes, brushes and more
03 Tutorial: Create a Colorful Ribbon Flag in Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
04 21 awesome illustration insights for Spring & Play from the Richard Solomon Agency
05 60 Seconds #311: A Font called Pinto makes a great Happy Easter Card
06 Earth Day Art, Crafts, Education for creatives of all ages
07 Creative Tidbits #168: Direct Mail Brilliance, Ellen's Selfies and Jon Sueda
08 Creative Tidbits #169: Proper punctuation, testing fonts in ID, and Global Design Trends
09 Creative TidBits #170: Designers Ed Benguiat, Alexander Isley and Michael Bierut
10 Creative TidBits #171: Design with Type, design icons, and exhibition graphics
11 Marketing: Mobile Trends, Understand Buyers, LinkedIn Success Secrets, Big Data and more
12 Marketing: Changing Trends, Rebranding, Marketing Budgets,
... Effective Video and the perfect email subject line
13 Marketing: March Madness, Spring promos, looking ahead to the future, Twitter tactics
14 Clone yourself ... double billable time
15 How Digital Calligraphy Can Improve Your Ugly Handwriting
17 Brought to you by the Color Purple and the Letter M May 1, 2014
Yesterday we loaded the first five, but we couldn't stop there, so here's another batch we think you'll like. Don't forget to send in your favorites . . .
* How to make a color palette in Photoshop CS6
* MORE Skin Color Swatches - DeviantNep
* Tutorial : What’s in Your Brush Box
* Webmaster 216 color palette chart
* Mat's Flesh Tones
. . . and MORE April 24, 2014
Happy Mother's Day . . . happy tutorial hunting! Give her a little color ... or create a colorful Photoshop experience! Lots of spam and craziness out there so be careful. For this issue we decided to play it clean and get you some cool stuff! So here goes:
* Adobe Photoshop - Color Swatches and Color Libraries tutorial
* Pastel Feather Studio created by Monika Dudikeni.
* Kara’s Quick-Knit Tip: Color Palette Generator
* Julie Hamilton is Artistically Afflicted
* Color Palette Generator
. . . and MORE April 23, 2014