The online world and its unsatiable hunger for money has broken all rules and enraged the online population to the point of mutany! The design community as well as old school internet purists said all along that you could tell your web page sucks if you have advertising. But the web industry just wouldn't listen. Now, it appears a huge push-back is coming and it will make the connected world a better place. November 23, 2015
There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
Here we are at the end of 2015 and it looks like mobile devices are taking over, but advertising is getting more and more difficult. Since the ad industry shot itself in the foot, I've been preaching and warning about this for over a decade. The advertising purveyence industry has a dirty secret: they're screwing the publishers AND the advertisers! But don't take my word for it . . .
- Video viewability is key to engagement, revenue opportunities
- Ad Injection: Yet Another Challenge for Online Advertising
- Is Facebook Becoming the Apple of Digital Ad Sales?
- Mobile Advertising Has A Measurement Problem
- Mobile To Dominate Digital Ad Spend In 2016
The title of today's Marketing Update just about covers it all! Like the good, the bad and the ugly, we've got the myths, the hacks and the sins! The big cheese is a piece on Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner that makes some pretty stiff statements. Are they true? You decide for yourself.
- 5 Content Marketing Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Content Brainstorming
- Audience Research Needn’t Be Costly or Time Consuming
- Forget campaigns: Build your marketing stack
- How to Execute an SEO Content Marketing Plan
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Digital Marketing
- Making Personalized Email Marketing Easier
- 3 rebranding lessons from Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
Did you remember Mothers' day in your media plans? Never pass up the opportunity to market and spread the PR of your clients. Spring is a fun and lucritive season as people come out of the winter doldrums and begin shopping again. Be on your toes ... May 13, 2015
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
We've screamed through the winter and spring is rolling by -- next thing you know it will be summer and back to school time! Your spring marketing sense needs to focus on the coming close of schools, graduation and summer vacations. Your clients should be ready to market strong!
- Five Questions to Help You Decide Whether You Need a Brand-Protection Tool
- Will Facebook force advertisers to forget about tracking cookies?
- A new pricing scheme will change how digital ads are sold
- Programmatic buys 'make sense' for industry
- Planning your next ad strategy
- . . . and more!