The Eric Gill Series from Monotype is an unprecedented suite of typefaces. It takes classic typefaces from Eric Gill and reimagines them for the 21st century. Digital imaging technologies and the communication needs of today’s graphic communicators were at the forefront of the development of these typefaces. November 18, 2015
This is the time to design for comfortable, friendly feelings. Nothing better than some fresh, hand lettering or vintage lettering to denote family, fun and casual times. These are three font families that are very friendly, expert level, professionally designed but won't cost but a few dollars. November 17, 2015
The old 'Spec Work' debacle raises its ugly head again -- I cannot understand why people don't learn. We're also looking at the Google logo, and Adobe lost fonts. Enjoy and don't forget to share your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries
- Is Spec Work Evil? 12 Agency Execs Discuss the Unchecked Problem
- Create a Laser-Cut Mailer Using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- How Magazine Covers Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
- Google's new logo: why a meh response is actually good
- Is this an infographic or worthless misdirection?
- Adobe Drops Fonts, Leaves Users Stranded
Our friends at Fonts.com are bringing you a great offering of October’s best selling typefaces, just in time for the holidays! You'll feast on 28 style grotesque sans from Latinotype, as well as Choplin -- a robust, genial slab serif family from René Bieder in 18 varieties. Plus, we've got our usual bundle of fantastic type discounts: this month you can save big on the expressive "Keepsake script design from Aerotype! October 30, 2015
Here we are rolling into the holiday season, but you'll find that creative inspiration for the holidays can work all year long. We have a great line-up this month, which will be in three parts. Enjoy and don't forget to send in your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries . . .
- 100 Cameras Were Given to the Homeless in London. Here’s What They Captured.
- Artist blends figurative and portraiture elements in works
- 4 Great Design Ideas for Your Association Newsletter
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland returns to Glasgow
- How to not be frightened of your camera
It has become almost impossible to sort the real from the players -- many people in the Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and other graphic arts areas are not genuine! That's right. They are there for the clicks. So you really have to be careful! On the other hand, some discoveries are gold! We've been friends with Nikita Prokhorov for some time, and believe me folks, Nikita is the real deal! September 29, 2015
Here, we've tried to pick the very best in both technique and styling. You know you've got really creative thinking when you've made typography out of chocolate or paper or sticks and grass. In this collection you'll see some amazing lettering from carefully engineered to tea leaves! Enjoy! September 28, 2015
Now we continue with an unusual mix of talents from urban neon artist to a typography lesson from noted typography trainer and expert, Ilene Strizver! We're almost finished on surf #6, so better get into this one right away!
- Branding requires a balance between strategy and design.
- Type Terms You Need to Stop Confusing
- Type integration into illustration
- The Culture and knowledge of Type . . .
- Urban Interventions
We have discovered some really incredible resources! That's the really rewarding thing about the festival -- the opportunity to meet and discover so many talents. And, we want to thank everyone for sending in their suggestions!
In today's surf we visit some unique individuals, and we'll se some really good fonts . . .
- Hidden talent Save the Children Indonesia campaign
- Hand-Lettered Logotypes by Dmitriy Tkachev
- Pardon My French by Vegetal Identity
- Typerror beauty in hand lettering
- The Impregnable Script Font
We've talked about P22 more than we really should over the years, but this new one from Ted Staunton is too nice to ignore. We often talk about decorative fonts leading us to different times, moods and emotions -- well Clementine does just that! September 22, 2015