It occured to me the other day that I sure am glad I'm not Stephen Hawking. But then the little voice said aren't you ashamed of yourself, Mr. Hawking along with Wolf Blitzer*, Anderson Cooper* and Jon Stewart* have been attacked by cyber crime in one of the worst ways possible! Cybercrime has exploited his condition and made him the most spoofed celebrity in 2016! Too bad there isn't some way he can get back at the low-life spammers at Inteligen*. January 31, 2017
Welcome to September, and the opening of Fall!
- Wow... our 22nd annual FONTS FESTIVAL!
- 22nd Fonts Fest: moving type, type for lawyers, cancer type and more
- Typographer's Majestic Treasure Chest with 45 awesome caligraphic fonts
- FFF #2: A Tattoo font, some calligraphy, a weird sans, . . . a slab and even a caps marker font!
- Photoshop Madness: Add A Realistic Old Photo Effect To Any Photo with Photoshop
- 60-Seconds #336 : You Are Annoying Your Customers? Do you know why?
- Creative Tidbits #213: the world's ugliest color, beyond CMYK. . . free photos, icons and more
- VIDEO Tutorial : How To Make Images Look Old using Photoshop
- Marketing Update : ad strategies, food trends, direct mail, making money and more
- 5 Signs That It's Time to Update Your Website
- Social Media Update : Celebrity Posts, Facebook Likes, Twitter Tactics, . . . media failures and more
- Ad Blockers : ad poison, skip button, pernicious Facebook,
- . . . Adblock, WSJ, reader blocking
- A Sad day for P22
- The end of the Publishers' Warehouse
- Autumn is here... gearing up
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #7 ~ July
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Back to Design School issue, and our Fall Fonts Festival kicking off in September!
SURF's UP.. Summer is almost over!
- 01 JULY 2016 - Digital Photography, photos, and all fun in the sun ...
- 02 Photoshop Madness : Make Your Own Angry Bird Fan Art With Photoshop
- 03 60 Seconds 334: Why use Spotify?
- 04 4th of July Nails
- 05 Creative Tidbits #209: body painting, Photoshop filters,
. . . type and typography and more
- 06 2016 Elections : Now you can dress and undress your favorite candidates
. . . Trump, Clinton, or Sanders, or all three!
- 07 Illustrator vector cupcakes and muffins!
- 08 This could be the most important drawing software since Adobe Illustrator
- 09 PSMania yet another image editor for photo enthusiasts
- 10 Self publishing has come of age, and Textkraft mobile production
. . . studio makes it happen
- 11 3rd annual Dronestagram/National Geographic International
. . . Drone Photography Contest
- 12 Patina Painting App for Mac Relaunched with New Features
- 13 July to August... on the road... taking car
Kirk McElhearn writes about Macs, iPods, iTunes, books, music and more, as a Senior Contributor to Macworld. He is also a regular contributor to TidBITS, as well as several other web sites and magazines. He is co-host of The Next Track and The Committed podcast; and has written more than twenty books, including Take Control books about iTunes. While reading a recent post about streaming music I was compelled to respond. Kirk wrote : June 28, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
2014 was a great year for Photo Apps, and we're predicting that 2015 will be better yet. By all means, please send us your reviews or favorites so we can share as well and have fun testing these:
- Magic Hour Lite - Camera & Unlimited Filter
- Social Network for Amateur Photographers
- Hyperlapse from Instagram
- Repost for Instagram
- Camera360 Ultimate
- Photo Reflection
- and MORE ...
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
Getting ready to wrap up the year opens the slow season. However creativity for designers, illustrators, painters, photographers, typographers and anyone involved in the creative processes, or visual communications will not slow down. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Polk State Was a Beginning, and Without It, I Wouldn’t Be Where I am Today
- 5 Easy Ways To Create A Brilliant Background For Your LinkedIn Profile
- This Graphic Translates Web Design Feedback into Plain English
- LEGO BRICK: pinhole camera snaps tiny thumbnail-sized 'photos'
- I am the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop Graphic Design!
- How optical illusions trick your brain
- Art Department Faculty Work Featured at the Kellogg Gallery
- Cincinnati Design Awards honors wide range of local projects
- ... and more!
- Paul McCartney and Nick Cave contribute hand drawn artwork for Alzheimer's Society
- $50 Discount to HOW Design Live Conference in Chicago, May 2015
- The 5 most common design mistakes in digital signage
- What deserves Cincy’s ‘Razzies’ of design?
- Translating print skills to Web design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Logo Design
- ... and more!
- 1 of 3