Last winter we told you about "New Photography Acquisitions" exhibit that opened at the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum last March. That was a huge success, and they're preparing for the fall with the Vilcek Collection which features more than 60 masterworks of American modernism from early 1910 through the Post-war era -- May 25, 2015
This week's surf was a lot of fun. We got Kraft of craft and Murphy's law! We met designers who make movies and veteran skateboarding designers! So when we say "Roll" with the 20th Annual Designing Women edition -- that could be very literal :
- Verena Michelitsch : New Twist, Old design problems
- Murphy's Law : if it can be fabulous, Kelly does it
- Martina : an eye for color, shape, style and space
- Eugenia Loli motion in collage... and film
- Nomoco : watercolor magician
- The true craft of Kraft
- Hire a Skate Mom!
- and more to come!
Here we go with field trip #3 and we're stopping in on two of our favorites from years past ... kicking off with Laura Smith (ten years later) and more in the 20th Annual Designing Women edition!
- You need this : Design and User Experience
- Laura Moretti Communicazione Visiva Design
- Maria Papaefstathiou . . . It's Just M (-:
- Laura Smith : Classic Illustration
- Daniela Uhlig is Tank Girl
- Janet is the real deal
- Alessandra Scandella
- and more to come!
Okay, we've found some more for "Women's History Month"! Actually, some of these were sent in by readers, and we have several more to bring ing. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf part TWO :
- Marie Assénat : How much fun can you have?
- Jessica Svendsen : real graphic design
- Leta takes a unique point of view
- Felicita Sala Italian playfulness
- Nicole Miller-Wong
- Amanda Jane Jones
- and more to come!
Every year one individual seems to stand out from the rest -- captivating our interest and admiration. In 2008 it was Luba Lukova; in 2010 it was Jessica Hische; ten years ago it was Nena Anderson -- there are many others, and they all have one thing in common. Beside their extraordinary talent they share a unique perspective of vision along with an entrepreneurial spirit that takes them to the top of their field! Lois van Baarle epitomizes those qualities -- and is our Designing Woman for March 2015! February 25, 2015
March is "Women's History Month" and each year for the past twenty years, we've celebrated with a guided tour of some of the best designing women we could find in the world. Some of these were actually sent in by readers, others were discovered online by staff. . Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf 1 :
- UN Women ad series reveals widespread sexism
- Hallie McGee ~ Designer + Creative
- How the Media Failed Women in 2013
- Nicoz Balboa: Magical Mystery Wood
- Anita Wasik : Divine Vision
- Liz Clements : the fine pen
- Three Designing Women
- Luci Gutiérrez
- Ena Cardenal
- ... and more to come!
It's winter, and many places around the world are being covered by snow. In parts of the North American continent, they're being covered with blanket after blanket after blanket of record-breaking snowfall. Many places turn that event into a fun event by building snow sculptures. February 17, 2015
Thirty years later, there's still an obsession with blurring the lines between man and machine. Here is a walk through 25 illustrations where the artist visualizes a merger of human and machine ... or machines that immitate humans, or humans which have been modified with machine parts . . . very often called cyborgs, or Borgs. Enjoy February 2, 2015
The water froze the instant the wave broke through the ice. That's what it is like in Lake Michigan where it is the coldest weather in decades. Water freezes the instant it comes in contact with the air. The temperature of the water is already some degrees below freezing. March 28, 2014
Number FOUR is our final surf for this year's 19th Annual Designing Women edition. We wrap it up with these extraordinary visual creatives.
* Most Popular Social Media Sites Review: Why Women Are The Real Power
* Sarah Yates a.k.a. Faunagraphic duz Walls and all
* Fresh, fun, brilliant works of Amanda Grazini
* Gina Kiel illustration & spirit down under
* Cris Delara : NOT just pinups!
... and more! March 26, 2014
- 1 of 6