As I mentioned in #1 of this series, we really appreciate all our friends in the DTG group on Facebook. It is a thrill to revisit them, follow their antics and their latest stuff! In today's edition we'll catch up with Janet Allinger; Ilene Strizver; Karen Stillman; and Kimberly Dmello! Go on over into Facebook and stop by these folks! I think you'll enjoy it! March 1, 2017
The social media field is about to heat up with the approach of Valentine's Day, and a ton of spring events and activities. If we can get people to stop the fake news and click bait of the elections, and concentrate on what's hot for marketing, the graphic designers could go to work.
- The Importance of Social Media in Experiential Marketing Campaigns
- From Millennials to Boomers: Connecting with Members at Every Age
- Lunch Bot, Anyone? How Brands Can Use Chatbots in Advertising
- Publishers are missing the jump from desktop to mobile
- 30 Killer Tips to Become a Master Social Media Manager
- The Key to Social Media? Think Like a Publisher
- Mobile vs. desktop in the world of Millennials
- YouTube Statistics will blow you away
OKAY, we're off and running into another year of DT&G's social media updates, and these next 22 references were the hottest links in the past three weeks before the first of the year! If you have observations or experiences to share, please feel free to contribute your guest article for all DTG readers! And here we go . . .
- 8 Reasons to Focus on Content Marketing and Improve your Google Ranking
- AI, chatbots, live streaming and more social media trends for 2017
- Apple: One billion iTunes podcast subscriptions and counting
- 5 Tips To Help You Achieve More With Social Media Marketing
- Battle Of The Ages: The Digital vs.Traditional Media Debate
- 8 Companies Changing the Social Media Game
- Do Page Likes Still Matter on Facebook?
February kicks off with some very hot property heating up even more. Follow the trends and the studies and you'll see there are some real problems to overcome once you start relying too heavily on Social Media. Don't sell your real media just quite yet.
- 5 attitudes that say your organization’s not ready for all-out social media
- Crowdtap Study Reveals Seventy-One Percent of Shoppers Rely On Social Media
- Oxford professor challenges Ritson's 'tsunami of bullshit' claim
- Opinion: The important word in ‘social media’ is not ‘media’
- Read This Article Before You Press ‘Tweet’
- A Social Media Manager’s View on SEO
- Social Media Policy Checklist
When you talk about media, of course you could be talking about TV, radio, newspapers or other traditional forms of mass communications -- but today, more and more of these conversations are built around social media. There's never been a media channel more widely available nor seductive than social media -- and this is the media we're focusing on in these Media Updates. Enjoy and get ready for September! Here are our topics this week:
- Authorities To Crack Down On Paid Celebrity Social Media Posts
- 6 Infallible Reasons to Take Your Business to Social Media
- Are Facebook Likes Still Valuable in Social Media Marketing?
- 5 Research-Backed Tactics to Get More Twitter Followers
- Is Your Strategy Killing Your Multi-Media Efforts?
The summer is almost over, and most areas have already begun concentrating on back to school, and maybe even the holidays! But social media like LinkedIN, Facebook, Tumblr and others are hooked on the U.S. Elections with a cesspool of vile interactions. We'll be fortunate when all that is over, so that's why I am avoiding it. I figure you're seeing enough of that garbage, the Design Center doesn't have to add more . . . please have a great time this week:
- Yes, There Is a Place for Social Media Marketing in Your Medical Practice
- Fast food companies use social networking sites to target children
- Yes, Serious Academics Should Absolutely Use Social Media
- How to Monitor Social Media in 20 Minutes Per Day
- Social media's 'wild west'
So, this is the issue where we look at the advertising trends predictions. I guess you may have already seen my 60-Seconds on Logo Design Trends, so you know how I feel about predicting trends. So let's see what the industry is up to now, and what you should be aware of if you're involved in any form of advertising
- Are Digital Media Budgets Meeting Industry Viewability Standards?
- Why Ad Tech Is the Worst Thing That Ever Happened to Advertising
- Marketers Predict Hottest Trends in Super Bowl 2016 Advertising
- 13 Media and Advertising ‘Trends’ in 2015 That Never Happened
- 10 Behavioral Trends Guiding Advertising In 2016
- RIP millennials: Marketing will be 'age agnostic'
- Are GIFs the future of advertising
- Digital media trends for 2016
There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
Here we are at the end of 2015 and it looks like mobile devices are taking over, but advertising is getting more and more difficult. Since the ad industry shot itself in the foot, I've been preaching and warning about this for over a decade. The advertising purveyence industry has a dirty secret: they're screwing the publishers AND the advertisers! But don't take my word for it . . .
- Video viewability is key to engagement, revenue opportunities
- Ad Injection: Yet Another Challenge for Online Advertising
- Is Facebook Becoming the Apple of Digital Ad Sales?
- Mobile Advertising Has A Measurement Problem
- Mobile To Dominate Digital Ad Spend In 2016
Here we go with a mad, wild, visit to Photoshop on Facebook . . . but be careful folks, it's a madhouse out there and you just never know where the madess with lead! This time it's all good. We've culled out most of the crap ...
- 8 Questions With Alberto Seveso
- Eric Scala Rare Visions
- 1940 Chevy convertible
- Cameron Phillips Redux
- Photoshop Designer
- 1 of 14