DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #12 ~ December
- December: Let the holidays begin...
- Happy Feet Text Effect Illustrator & Photoshop Tutorial
- Photoshop Holiday Colorization, Retouching and Tips & Tricks Madness
- 60-Seconds 302: Should we colorize history?
- Photoshop Colorization Madness - Retouching, Tips & Tricks
- Holiday Season Retail Therapy in Illustrations from Richard Solomon
- Vintage Holiday Vignettes copyright free images and resource art on CD-ROM
- Vintage Greeting Cards offer rich design inspiration
- Vintage Holiday Photoshop Brushes & Creative Vector Tools
- Vintage Holiday Vector Clip Art and Embroidery Designs
- Vintage Thanksgiving Art, Crafts Clip & Coloring Pages
- Vintage Thanksgiving Vignettes for Designers and Illustrators
- What is the best approach to designing a website that clients can edit?
- Top-level domains could become important factor in ranking, online brand visibility
- Tiffen Makes Its Award-Winning Photo Apps Available for iOS 7
- Ashlar-Vellum releases Cobalt v8 Solo and Xenon v8 Solo for Mac/Windows
- Entries flood for the Nanjing 2014 Olympic Medal Design Competition
- Out with 2013, in with 2014
December 1, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #11 ~ November, 2013
01 November: Design Holidays
02 Illustrator and Photoshop Colorful Balls Text Effect for the holidays or any time
03 Photoshop Madness High-End Photo Retouching, Tips & Tricks
04 Photoshop Tutorial : misunderstood emboss and contour now made easy!
05 Creative Graphic Design: video of a yolk, a designer's view, and skinhead culture
06 Learning the art of Branding, design method, planning, presenting and business innovation
07 Adobe Creative Inspiration from celebrities like Deke McClelland and Paula Scher
08 Marketing Update : infographics, mobile mindsets, digital engagement and more
09 Creative Graphic Design: Infographics, Typepedia, and font anatomy
10 Marketing Update : Direct marketing, social media, Infographics and Retargeting
11 301 60-Seconds : Quick, figure this out
12 Creative Graphic Design: Numbers, studios, gallery and virus fonts
13 Marketing Update : Going Social, jumping infographics, push mobile, content is king
14 What do Hand-Held 3D Scanning, Russia and Napoleon have in common?
15 Employee wellbeing influences corporate reputation in social media
16 Getting Schooled in the New Industry Buzzword: Content Marketing
17 To our Friends and Suporters
18 HAPPY HOLIDAYS November and December November 1, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #10 ~ October
* October: Fall Fonts Festival
* Creative Graphic Design: Fonts Fest, Design for the Homeless, Jobs in Print
* Photoshop Madness for High-End Photo Retouching & HDR techniques
* Photoshop Madness : Even MORE Text Effects
* Typography & Lettering inspiration - vintage travel posters and tags TWO
* Graphic design logos, branding and logotype design training for young designers
* Type, Fonts, & Lettering from the Blue Pencil to the London Underground
* The Surf Goes On : Web Fonts, Font Deck, and Sewing Type
* The Next Type, Fonts, Lettering & cool stuff Surf
* Type, Fonts, & Lettering fat and happy, even Comic Sans
* Bringing to life a world-wide zombie invasion 'World War Z'
* DTG Picks : Vector Drawing Apps for the Mac
* Pioneers Festival to Gather World's Brightest Entrepreneurs
* The iPad for Photographers: Master the Newest Tool in your Camera Bag
* Take Great Photos with Your iPad
* One of my treasured resources is Vector Stock
* It's a Rainbow! No, it's FontRainbow
* Get ready for the Holiday Season... October 1, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #9 ~ SEPTEMBER
* Welcome to September & the 19th Annual Fall Fonts Fest
* Typography & Lettering Design inspiration found in vintage travel posters and tags
* Typographical Flourishes The Easy Way
* Photoshop Madness for the Fonts Festival
* The Font Rainbow
* The 19th Annual Typography, Lettering, Fonts & cool stuff Surf
* Type, Typography & Lettering Books revisited
* 4 Apps to Enhance the TV Second-Screen Experience
* Chalkboard art & typography: real skills and craft
* Transform photos into stunning, unforgettable paintings and drawings
* BWStyler creates traditional B&W looks as well as stylish new effects
* Here comes a collection of Free Fonts From 128bit Technologies
* Artist David Scott Leibowitz unveils iPhone/iPad Art Book
* Now You Can Sketch Portraits Like a Pro
* iDraw now imports/exports Adobe Photoshop!
* What do you have on Pinterest?
* TypeZilla : the super premium typography set for only $32
* &Else : News, Views & Reviews for September September 1, 2013
Design & Publishing Center NEWSLETTER
Vol. 23, #8 - AUGUST, 2013
01 BACK TO DESIGN SCHOOL . . .
02 Getting ideas and design inspiration by looking at unusual beer bottle label designs
03 Product labeling and packaging study for inspiration and design ideas
04 Best books for learning Design, Typography & Graphics
05 Photoshop (Video) Madness for Back to School
06 Tutorial: Using Adobe Photoshop to Draw a Paint Brush
07 PSD Tutorial : 4 dotted line drawing methods in Photoshop
08 Natural Newborn Baby Photography: A Guide to Posing, Shooting, and Business
09 60-Second Window #300 : Junk Mail Names
10 Jordan Rudess brings musical apps to the iPad or iPhone that WOW the world
11 Creative Graphic Design: Learning Design, Typography & Graphics
12 Creative Inspiration: Sagmeister Happy Show, Design for Good, Awards and more
13 Creative learning: Harry Potter design, HOW Design, UCLan Graphic Design, and Awards
14 Modern Photo Editor for iOS: Full Resolution Image Editing to 8 MP
15 &Else . . . News, Views & Reviews
16 ALERTS POSTED : Protect yourself and friends from online evils
17 SEPTEMBER: FALL FONTS FESTIVAL
18 August is racing toward the fall . . . August 1, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 Greetings to JULY . . .
* 02 Let me send you some free Design books :
* 03 July Creative Two, Too
* 04 Creative inspiration Summertime, outdoors, awards, ugly Powerpoints
* 05 Vintage Art : wonderful tags, cards and cigar labels for decorative reference
* 06 Photoshop Madness: JULY Flags and other madness
* 07 Karen negotiates for a salary in a design position at a design firm
* 08 Magazine Apps: Why So Bloated?
* 09 Turn Gigantic Print Reference Content into Lightweight Apps
* 10 Customize the Way You Display
* 11 Procreate app Sketch, paint, create wins Apple's Design Award at WWDC 2013
* 12 Ji Lee: bubbles to words to pictures to books . .
* 13 Marketing Update : baseball, apple pie, and marketing
* 14 Marketing Update : Learning from the past, Lead dynamics
* 15 Marketing Update : Charts, Videos, Banners, and Mix Thoroughly
* 16 Publishing Update - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 17 Next Month : AUGUST is BACK TO (DESIGN) SCHOOL
* Final words from the Editor July 1, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 JUNE: Design Vacation
* 02 Photoshop Madness : Summertime COLOR
* 03 Photoshop Tutorial : Create a Vibrant Flaming Abstract Space Artwork
* 04 Photoshop Tutorial: Create rusted metal text
* 05 What is Responsive Web Design?
* 06 The Design Center presents Design & Publishing Updates :
* 07 Spring Creative . . . Creative Update #1
* 08 Fonts & Illustration . . . Creative Update #2
* 09 Creative inspiration . . . Creative Update #3
* 10 PUBLISHING UPDATE - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 11 Marketing Update : Market smart, build a better pitch
* 12 Online Social Media Update : JUNE, vacations, travel
* 13 Web Update for the first quarter of 2013. . .
* 14 &Else News, Views and Reviews
* 15 Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning
* 16 Graphic Design Book of the Month CLUB
* 17 JUNE gets hot, stay cool, enjoy your summer
. . . and more June 1, 2013
01 Welcome new subscribers
02 Photoshop (May Color) Madness
03 Photoshop : Eye color, depth, hue and enhancement tips tutorial
04 CREATIVE: Spring brings fresh design and design students portfolios
05 Ally Lands A Brand
06 Adobe InDesign never could do decent equations or symbols. . . until now
07 Can magazines be a viable advertising option for small business?
08 What happens to your digital estate and online holdings when you die?
09 What is ICANN doing? What were they thinking?
10 60 seconds : The 100 Most Influential People in the World
11 &Else News, Views and Reviews :
12 Web Business : The Economics Of Allowing Aereo Television on Internet
13 French translation of Anne-Marie's article!
14 THe Alphabet Book revisited
15 May & June Design Graduates: CONGRATULATIONS again!
16 April showers brought May flowers, colors and Mothers . . .
17 Thanks for reading... May 1, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #4 ~ April, 2013
The "Desinging Women" feature continues
01. Feature: "Heads in the Sand Design"
02. Meet Designing Woman Mary Baum
03. Photoshop 911: analyzing X-Rays
04. "Faulty Tower" web site gets a second look
05. Web Design Critiques for April
06. A reader critiques our critiques
07. What makes a good or bad web design?
08. 60-Seconds: Accountability
09. Fred goes to Washington
10. &Else! for April
11. Mailbox: Quark from OS/9 to OS/X
12. Mailbox: Quark Error -34
13. Mailbox: Quark crashes on "Save"
14. Soapbox: Fred's Rules of Computer Survival
15. Mailbox: T-Maker Clip Art AGAIN
16. Mailbox: Will Photoshop Elements do This?
17. A matter of importance to parents
18. Here's to Thomas Jefferson, and April April 1, 2013