There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
Here we are at the end of 2015 and it looks like mobile devices are taking over, but advertising is getting more and more difficult. Since the ad industry shot itself in the foot, I've been preaching and warning about this for over a decade. The advertising purveyence industry has a dirty secret: they're screwing the publishers AND the advertisers! But don't take my word for it . . .
- Video viewability is key to engagement, revenue opportunities
- Ad Injection: Yet Another Challenge for Online Advertising
- Is Facebook Becoming the Apple of Digital Ad Sales?
- Mobile Advertising Has A Measurement Problem
- Mobile To Dominate Digital Ad Spend In 2016
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
We've screamed through the winter and spring is rolling by -- next thing you know it will be summer and back to school time! Your spring marketing sense needs to focus on the coming close of schools, graduation and summer vacations. Your clients should be ready to market strong!
- Five Questions to Help You Decide Whether You Need a Brand-Protection Tool
- Will Facebook force advertisers to forget about tracking cookies?
- A new pricing scheme will change how digital ads are sold
- Programmatic buys 'make sense' for industry
- Planning your next ad strategy
- . . . and more!
As society becomes more and more segmented, data mining will become more and more important to marketers, researchers, hipster life-hackers, planners and the media. You will need a data extraction tool to leverage data as they encounter it. Mac users will need one specifically designed for OSX and one that augments existing spreadsheet with data found on the web. Welcome Wordaux. March 18, 2015
Now turn your marketing powers toward the slow winter season, and hopefully, an exciting spring rebirth. First, however, take care of the lingering marketing activities and firm up your 2015 strategy!
- Four Ways Service Companies Can Convert More Customers via Email
- How many marketing bases can you realistically cover at 1 time?
- 2 critical but often overlooked email marketing metrics
- 4 reasons why you should combine SEO, PR strategies
- PR insider: More fans than plans
- ... and more
Okay, you've made it through another year of marketing, and the high-traffic marketing season is just about over. If you've missed your mark, there's no use on trying to regain lost action -- just get started on the next season!
- How much of your marketing strategy do you dedicate to content amplification?
- Content’s Growing Role In The Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
- Three Good Reasons Why Google Authorship Still Matters
- The Dark Side of Content Marketing [Infographic]
- Lon Safko asks : Is Your Email List Dirty?
- ... and more
Are your clients screaming for better marketing graphics? Do you think they know what effective graphics are? As the world of marketing gets more complicated, graphic designers need to keep right on top of every crook in the road ... literally
- Why Doing Pro Bono Work is Good for Your Agency and How to Find the Right Match
- Infographic : How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions
- Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain
- In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts Rule
- A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing
- Eight Ways to Rock Your Media Marketing
- 2014 - Mid-Year Rankings: US Top Buzz
- ... and more
Here we are in September, the opening of the biggest marketing season of the year, and if you haven't done your homework, then you're in trouble! You should already be working on your Valentine's promotions!
[*] Here's Why Facebook's New Ad Network Accelerates a Trend That's Transforming PR
[*] Which Marketing Channel Gives You the Most Bang for Your Click?
[*] Learn Why Direct Mail Is A Smart Choice For Any Business
[*] Fix These 5 Email Marketing Missteps Right Now
[*] Don't maintain your reputation; build it
[*] Marketing with postcards -- Parts 1 and 2
... and more September 2, 2014
Effective marketing comes in many different shrouds ... from content to comments, beware what you say, where you say it and who you say it to! It's all about trust and skills. Follow along as we dig deeper into end of summer marketing :
[*] Make Hidden Persuaders Work for You: Aroma, Music, Color, Font
[*] The 5 pillars of effective content marketing etiquette
[*] 5 Marketing Skills That Digital Journalists Will Need
[*] Google Goes All in on Mobile Apps With AdWords Updates
[*] Do Americans Trust Advertisements? by Ayaz Nanji
[*] How To Choose The Right Medium For Your Message
... and more August 26, 2014
- 1 of 2