Do you sell product -- fonts, games, photos, graphics -- that requires you to pay royalties? It can become a nightmare unless you've got the right management software. Make your payments right, right now. April 25, 2017
The social media field is about to heat up with the approach of Valentine's Day, and a ton of spring events and activities. If we can get people to stop the fake news and click bait of the elections, and concentrate on what's hot for marketing, the graphic designers could go to work.
- The Importance of Social Media in Experiential Marketing Campaigns
- From Millennials to Boomers: Connecting with Members at Every Age
- Lunch Bot, Anyone? How Brands Can Use Chatbots in Advertising
- Publishers are missing the jump from desktop to mobile
- 30 Killer Tips to Become a Master Social Media Manager
- The Key to Social Media? Think Like a Publisher
- Mobile vs. desktop in the world of Millennials
- YouTube Statistics will blow you away
OKAY, we're off and running into another year of DT&G's social media updates, and these next 22 references were the hottest links in the past three weeks before the first of the year! If you have observations or experiences to share, please feel free to contribute your guest article for all DTG readers! And here we go . . .
- 8 Reasons to Focus on Content Marketing and Improve your Google Ranking
- AI, chatbots, live streaming and more social media trends for 2017
- Apple: One billion iTunes podcast subscriptions and counting
- 5 Tips To Help You Achieve More With Social Media Marketing
- Battle Of The Ages: The Digital vs.Traditional Media Debate
- 8 Companies Changing the Social Media Game
- Do Page Likes Still Matter on Facebook?
February kicks off with some very hot property heating up even more. Follow the trends and the studies and you'll see there are some real problems to overcome once you start relying too heavily on Social Media. Don't sell your real media just quite yet.
- 5 attitudes that say your organization’s not ready for all-out social media
- Crowdtap Study Reveals Seventy-One Percent of Shoppers Rely On Social Media
- Oxford professor challenges Ritson's 'tsunami of bullshit' claim
- Opinion: The important word in ‘social media’ is not ‘media’
- Read This Article Before You Press ‘Tweet’
- A Social Media Manager’s View on SEO
- Social Media Policy Checklist
We're following the advertising industry with great interest. Of course you've followed our advertising and marketing updates for years, and we carefully tried to warn the online ad world of the evils of spam for nearly three decades. Alas, the unquenchable quest for money has corrupted the entire online advertising world to the point of criminal activities and now there is a growing backlash from the public. It's a huge travesty that this second generation of internet users actually does not know what a spam-free internet is like. We're following the anti-spam world of ad-blocking for you :
- Ad Blocking Declined In Germany; Advertisers Are Concerned With Snapchat Video Averages
- Here's one sign that ad blocking's meteoric growth could start to slow down
- Goodbye social media, analytics and ad trackers with Firefox Focus for iOS
- Why building relevant ads in a cookie-free world comes down to context
- Adblock Plus wins its 6th court case, brought by Der Spiege
- Netflix promotes ‘Black Mirror’ by targeting ad blockers
- Adblock Plus Calls Meetup To Form An Independent Board
- A Glimmer of Hope in the Ad Blocking Battle
- Ad-Blockers: Let’s Call Them What They Are!
- The Natives Are Restless
Now that we've been on the path of ad blockers for a year, the topics of click bait and fake news seems to have overtaken the media. Ad blockers will always help you on click bait sites because they're always full of predator and stalker links in the ads served. As we approach the end of 2016, the ad blocking field is getting hotter and hotter! This edition covers just a few of the hottest of the hot December 12, 2016
The client hands you a stack of printed material to digest in the next project. What do you do? The more work you can get done for you, the better you'll be, right? Typing is one chore that really hasn't been innovated. Now, OCRWizard 4.0, optical character recognition (OCR) and PDF document conversion application for macOS could relieve you of at least some of those chores. OCRWizard converts any PDF, scanned documents, or image files (including the picture of business card) into searchable PDF, Word, Pages, HTML, Excel, Keynote, and ePub, etc. on Mac. November 16, 2016
As a graphic designer or creative specialist, whether employed, or freelance, how do you charge for your services? There have been many articles, probably hundreds, and many books written about running a creative business. It all really boils down to how much it costs you to do business, how much you want to make, and how well your market supports your talent and price level. That's simple enough. Yet the question on the lips of many creatives is not necessarily how much to charge, but how to charge it. October 19, 2016
When you talk about media, of course you could be talking about TV, radio, newspapers or other traditional forms of mass communications -- but today, more and more of these conversations are built around social media. There's never been a media channel more widely available nor seductive than social media -- and this is the media we're focusing on in these Media Updates. Enjoy and get ready for September! Here are our topics this week:
- Authorities To Crack Down On Paid Celebrity Social Media Posts
- 6 Infallible Reasons to Take Your Business to Social Media
- Are Facebook Likes Still Valuable in Social Media Marketing?
- 5 Research-Backed Tactics to Get More Twitter Followers
- Is Your Strategy Killing Your Multi-Media Efforts?
Isn't it funny that our profession is built so heavily on advertising yet I've become such a staunch advocate against it. There's a point at which advertising has become divisive and sinister. The advertising industry in their unquenchable thirst for revenue has given the store away and are making too much money to ever become honorable again.
Advertising is a form of communication between two entities. When one side of the conversation becomes deceptive and fallacious, then it's time to end the conversation and part company. The problem is, the industry has become so good at hiding their malicious intent, few web surfers are aware of the dangers. As graphic designers, we take pride in the visual storytelling and persuasion on behalf of our clients -- but graphic design has very, very little to do with advertising on the web. Join me in the fight against malicious advertising ... hooray for ad blockers! August 16, 2016
- 1 of 22