What's better than serene visual inspiration? That's what I call images and video from space. If you love such imagery, and find it a source of inspiration, then you need to check out "Outland - Space Journey 1.0, a new entertainment app developed exclusively for iOS and Apple TV. July 27, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #7 ~ July
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Back to Design School issue, and our Fall Fonts Festival kicking off in September!
SURF's UP.. Summer is almost over!
- 01 JULY 2016 - Digital Photography, photos, and all fun in the sun ...
- 02 Photoshop Madness : Make Your Own Angry Bird Fan Art With Photoshop
- 03 60 Seconds 334: Why use Spotify?
- 04 4th of July Nails
- 05 Creative Tidbits #209: body painting, Photoshop filters,
. . . type and typography and more
- 06 2016 Elections : Now you can dress and undress your favorite candidates
. . . Trump, Clinton, or Sanders, or all three!
- 07 Illustrator vector cupcakes and muffins!
- 08 This could be the most important drawing software since Adobe Illustrator
- 09 PSMania yet another image editor for photo enthusiasts
- 10 Self publishing has come of age, and Textkraft mobile production
. . . studio makes it happen
- 11 3rd annual Dronestagram/National Geographic International
. . . Drone Photography Contest
- 12 Patina Painting App for Mac Relaunched with New Features
- 13 July to August... on the road... taking car
The world has become married to Google. Everyone uses Google Search on a daily basis. Web sites everywhere live and die by Google's hand. I'm wondering -- if I had the kind of money Google has, and I was designing a search engine, wouldn't I make the actual target of the search query turn up on the FIRST PAGE? I certainly would. Any good designer would -- at least you think they would. If you go to a restaurant and order the $35 Steak, wouldn't you expect to get steak? Google seems to disagree May 31, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
After spending about six hours tracking and reporting spam, do you think I need to see one more? No? Well then, don't send me your press release that looks like spam. Here, take a look at this and see how somebody blundered ... April 28, 2016
Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 29, 2016
If you think you've got the creative block, don't think you're alone. We all get it, and we all have to break it. I've been doing this for nearly half a century. During my seminar days, the creative block was one of the most popular questions from attendees. "Fred, how do you get creative ideas?" ... "How can I break writer's block?" Everyone has his or her favorites. These have proven over the years to work... try'em out next time you're stuck for a story, a drawing, and ad concept or anytime you need a creative jumpstart. February 24, 2016
As many of you already know, I've been a volunteer spam fighter since February 15th, 1999. I had a passion about helping keep the Internet clean since developing forums for GEnie, eWorld and America Online back in the 1980s. Now my work goes on through Knujon.com, Spamcop.net and SafeNetting.com. We've all agreed that one of the real pains of the online world is someone trying to sell you something -- particularly if the solicitation is false, illegal, or damaging in some way. But through the last several years, ugly "sex enhancement" spam solicitation had diminished. Or so I thought. January 20, 2016