Gavin Jocious has written an article that really struck a note with me. I remember back in 2004, O'Reilly Media came out with a series of books about things that annoy people about technology. They invited people to send in their annoyances for the next book. They had so many coming in they published a whole series of books. But in Gavin's article "You Are Annoying Your Customers... " he asks "Do you know why? August 10, 2016
I don't very often pick up on products like this -- but when it do, it's a lot of fun to project the creative idea potential! This one's got creativity written all over it -- aside from a nightlight, it's your own drive-in theater! July 28, 2016
What's better than serene visual inspiration? That's what I call images and video from space. If you love such imagery, and find it a source of inspiration, then you need to check out "Outland - Space Journey 1.0, a new entertainment app developed exclusively for iOS and Apple TV. July 27, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #7 ~ July
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Back to Design School issue, and our Fall Fonts Festival kicking off in September!
SURF's UP.. Summer is almost over!
- 01 JULY 2016 - Digital Photography, photos, and all fun in the sun ...
- 02 Photoshop Madness : Make Your Own Angry Bird Fan Art With Photoshop
- 03 60 Seconds 334: Why use Spotify?
- 04 4th of July Nails
- 05 Creative Tidbits #209: body painting, Photoshop filters,
. . . type and typography and more
- 06 2016 Elections : Now you can dress and undress your favorite candidates
. . . Trump, Clinton, or Sanders, or all three!
- 07 Illustrator vector cupcakes and muffins!
- 08 This could be the most important drawing software since Adobe Illustrator
- 09 PSMania yet another image editor for photo enthusiasts
- 10 Self publishing has come of age, and Textkraft mobile production
. . . studio makes it happen
- 11 3rd annual Dronestagram/National Geographic International
. . . Drone Photography Contest
- 12 Patina Painting App for Mac Relaunched with New Features
- 13 July to August... on the road... taking car
The world has become married to Google. Everyone uses Google Search on a daily basis. Web sites everywhere live and die by Google's hand. I'm wondering -- if I had the kind of money Google has, and I was designing a search engine, wouldn't I make the actual target of the search query turn up on the FIRST PAGE? I certainly would. Any good designer would -- at least you think they would. If you go to a restaurant and order the $35 Steak, wouldn't you expect to get steak? Google seems to disagree May 31, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
After spending about six hours tracking and reporting spam, do you think I need to see one more? No? Well then, don't send me your press release that looks like spam. Here, take a look at this and see how somebody blundered ... April 28, 2016
Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 29, 2016
- 1 of 10