- The 20th Anniversary Fonts Fest Part TWO
- Fonts, lettering and typography surf FOUR
- Jim Parkinson : half-century of typography
- New found free Script fonts for the 20th year!
- Photoshop : Never make a Photoshop or Illustrator Style again!
- Graphic Designers Ask : How much should I charge
- 60-Seconds #315 : LinkedIN thinks 360,000 people, including me, are stupid.
- Creative Update 179 -- Graphic Design Creative Inspiration
- GraphicConverter gets an upgrade, and a New Image Verifier
- Marketing Update : AdWords Etiquette, Content Skills, and do we really trust advertising?
- LightWave 3D Group Ultimate Creativity Bundle with OctaneRender
- &Else: All-In-One Mobile 3D Modeling App rivals 3D workstation software
- &Else: An animated template for graphic seals in FinalCut Pro
- &Else: Awesome new features, Pixelmator may be the Photoshop Killer!
- &Else: Help from ColorLogic's color management for more consistent color results
- This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
- Enjoy September... onward toward October
01 Hello September and kick-off of the 20th Annual Festival
02 This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
03 20th Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf
04 Fonts, lettering and typography surf TWO
05 Fonts, lettering and typography surf THREE
06 Photoshop Fonts, type, lettering effects tutorials Madness
07 Major bundle : 1000s of PSD and Ai files for pennies each
08 P22 respecting traditional typography values with today technology
09 60-Seconds #156 : Freelancing Pitfalls
10 JumboZilla: Thousands of Super Premium Design Resources
11 Marketing Update : End of Summer, on to big marketing season
12 Creative Update 178 -- Design, Typography and Graphics for September
13 &Else: Photo Editing App Insta Split for Instagram Released
14 &Else: Perfect Auto-Updating Photo Frame Using Unbound And Dropbox
15 PART ONE ... keep watching for PART TWO September 1, 2014
This is the last of this surf, but now we get to have some real fun watching seasoned professionals with real talent apply real ink in creating some superb lettering! I'm also very pleased to bring the official trailer for the movie "Sign Painter" -- a fantastic documentary on the art, craft and times of sign painting. Later, we'll dig deeper into the documentary, but for now, enjoy the September Fonts surf . . . September 1, 2014
We always meet some awesome talents during the Fonts Festival ... as we do all year long. The next talents were actually suggested by DTG readers throughout the year. We often ask for your suggestions, tips and favorites -- and while we sadly don't get a lot of response, we have gotten some real winners. These are just a few examples of some of the visits we'll be making along this year's surf.
Courtney Jeanette; Julia Ruetten; Erik Marinovich; and The wonderful world of Karen To!
So follow along ... September 1, 2014
As we continue our 2014 fonts and lettering surf, we now visit some studios of extraordinary visual communicators! This is where we enjoy seeing fresh, inspiring uses of fonts, typography and lettering. On this page we'll be visiting the polished clean works of Matthew Tapia, then off to the TYPEFIGHT Letter vs. Letter, and the studios of Ruslan Khasanov!
So follow along ... September 1, 2014
My favorite part of the annual fonts fest is just searching for cool entries and resources to share with the DTG readers! If I ever give up the internet publishing thing, this is probably one activity I'll continue in my 60-Second Windows blog. With Pinterest, Tumblr and all the various social image sharing medias, there's no shortage of hunting grounds. You could easily make a full-time job of discovering cool stuff, all day, every day, without seeing the same things twice.
In this first surf for 2014, I'm filtering to the unusual, and off the beaten paths. Much of the surf so far is more about the human interaction with lettering, fonts and typography than the fonts themselves. And of course, that's the most important end result of typography in the first place! September 1, 2014
01 August Back to SCHOOL
02 Photoshop BACK TO (Design) SCHOOL Madness
03 60-Seconds #313 : Google Link Removal schemes raise a lot of questions
04 Let me send you $391 for back to school
05 Reading for fun, learning and graphic inspiration
06 600 Vector fonts for
07 Creative Update #177: Creative tips, tricks and inspiration
08 1,800 vector illustrations, typographs, logotypes,
09 Creative Update #176: Creative tips, tricks and inspiration
10 7 Essential Tips and Tools for Graphic and Magazine Design
11 Design vector elements for infographics, textures, backgrounds, cartoons and devices
12 Classic Vintage vector design elements, ornaments, cartouches, illustrations and devices
13 Logo Builder for thousands of quick, profitable, quality logos
14 MyBrushes Unique Painting Tool for natural media painting!
15 Author Steven Heller on design responsibilities
16 5 Steps to a Stand-Out Website
17 A Designers Education
18 SEPTEMBER: FALL FONTS FESTIVAL
19 Good learning ... August 1, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #7 ~ July
01 Ahhhh... summertime!
02 What does Freedom mean to you?
03 Great books for writers, bloggers and communicators for the summer
04 Photoshop Summer Madness
05 Connect Film Professionals and Movie Buffs to 45,000 Resource
06 Your iPad becomes a full featured video production device
07 Red Giant's Magic Bullet Looks Reborn
08 Publishing Update 1406 : Why Newspapers, magazines, books, print media?
09 Property Law Primer for Multimedia Developers
10 Artboard: Text Styles, Performance Boost and OS X Mavericks
11 Creative Tidbits #175: summer creative inspiration is everywhere
12 New Scanning Slideshow ready for Photographers
14 Happy July... get ready for August July 1, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #6 ~ JUNE
- Welcome to JUNE 2009
- WIN prizes for sharing your favorite shots
- Our friends are your friends
- Photoshop : More Spring Color Palette Madness
- Create Hot Original Lighting Effects with Photoshop
- You probably don't need a masters' degreee in photography
- Why Black & White? Commentary by Robert Bruce Duncan
- Ask Ted: Is my price to high?
- Creative Tidbits #174: Going to the Summer like a visual feast of graphic design
- 60-Seconds #312 : The Age of Bad Photography
- 11 Desktop Publishing & Design News 1406 : Print publishing in a digital world
- Publishing Update : Is there a global shift back to print publishing?
- Marketing Update : visual content, QR codes, email etiquette and Facebook is Throttling Marketers
- Web Design & Review department with dozens of new items
- A new photo blending app for intuitive editing -- called Union
- Camera Plus now updated to include AirSnap
- &ELSE... News, views, reviews and cool stuff
- From the Editor for JUNE -- it's 5-o'clock somewhere
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #5 ~ May
01. MAY 2014 ... Mother's Day, design graduates get a fresh start...
02 Photoshop Madness : Tutorials and more for color, palettes, brushes and more
03 Tutorial: Create a Colorful Ribbon Flag in Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
04 21 awesome illustration insights for Spring & Play from the Richard Solomon Agency
05 60 Seconds #311: A Font called Pinto makes a great Happy Easter Card
06 Earth Day Art, Crafts, Education for creatives of all ages
07 Creative Tidbits #168: Direct Mail Brilliance, Ellen's Selfies and Jon Sueda
08 Creative Tidbits #169: Proper punctuation, testing fonts in ID, and Global Design Trends
09 Creative TidBits #170: Designers Ed Benguiat, Alexander Isley and Michael Bierut
10 Creative TidBits #171: Design with Type, design icons, and exhibition graphics
11 Marketing: Mobile Trends, Understand Buyers, LinkedIn Success Secrets, Big Data and more
12 Marketing: Changing Trends, Rebranding, Marketing Budgets,
... Effective Video and the perfect email subject line
13 Marketing: March Madness, Spring promos, looking ahead to the future, Twitter tactics
14 Clone yourself ... double billable time
15 How Digital Calligraphy Can Improve Your Ugly Handwriting
17 Brought to you by the Color Purple and the Letter M May 1, 2014