... continued from the previous page.
Step 2: The trunk
We will start on a new layer by drawing a rectangular. Then hold shift key (or Click on the add to shape ) and draw another rectangle at the bottom (Look at the picture above ).
This way the two shapes are on one layer.
- Move the 2 points at the bottom (Push them ) inside.
- Right click the right line (like on the picture above) and choose Add anchor points. Make sure to add another one on left side.
- Look at picture 3 below . We moved direction points of the 2 new points to the left to create the curves. Make sure to do this for left and right side.
- Push the 2 bottom points again to achieve the right shape.
Next, We will work on the other rectangle for the bottom of the 'nose'.
- At the bottom line right click on the middle to add a new anchor point and then push the point upward.
- Push the 2 top corners to the inside until there intersect or the first shape lines.
- Now choose Convert point tool click on the point in the bottom corner and pull according to the arrow direction (see above).
- Do the same for the other side.
Show the head layer. Now I worked a little bit with the trunk size and move the point to make the trunk size fit the head
I needed to merge the head and trunk layer so later when I add the effects it looks smoother. If we do merge layers the old fashioned way the layer will rasterized and when we’ll loose all the paths and points.
- Click on the trunk layer and Ctrl/command + c to copy.
- Click on the head layer and Ctrl/Command +v to paste.
- Delete the trunk layer and now you should have the trunk and the head on one layer.
Double click the head layer to add the following effects.
NEXT: Step 3: Creating the Eyes
... continues on the next page!