Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
22nd Annual Fonts Fest Poster
Illuminated Typography ~ Fonts Fest Inspiration Poster
21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
As we said before, we love to visit studios we've featured before. Such is the case with Stacey's! But probably the highlight of this journey is the story about BLITZ magazine, and the video we've included. It's a pleasure to keep rolling, and our #3 will follow this week! Have fun!
- Ten years ago : Stacey Dyer and Triple Frog
- Giselle Monzón Calero: Cuba illustrated
- Carey Labovitch and her BLITZ
- Becca Stadtlander soft hand
This one is actually part of #203, but we had to break it out to a second file. We don't usually run essays, but the Media and Publishing piece is particularly good for designers. Also, the 3D printer piece is essential just to realize where that technology is going. enjoy
- The 3D Printing Advances That Changed The World In 2015
- Voltron Reboot, New Gullermo Del Toro Series Coming To Netflix
- Great Design versus Everything Else
- Designing Women : Painted Surf 01
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
Louise Fili has graced the pages of the Design Center and the Designing Women series in the past. Now we have news she has unveiled a new font -- "Mardell"! Also, don't forget to see the video interviews at the end of the article! March 25, 2016
Meet Flora Borsi a Photographer, Visual Artist and Freelance Graphic Designer from Hungary -- one of our April Designing Women series features! She uses exquisite photo manipulation to create surreal images that are thematically focused who the human being -- including you and me! March 24, 2016
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
Customer-centric web design and UX is on everyone's mind in 2016. User-friendly websites should offer great content which is easy to find, quick to access and beautiful to look at. Yet so many companies seem to be falling at one of more of these hurdles ... Elisheva Sokolic takes look at these issues in today's web design! March 10, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #3 ~ March
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- March: Designing Women
- 21st Annual Designing Women Celebration:
New finds, old friends, remarkable designing women
- Designing Women : The remarkable Louise Fili
- Ilene Strizver : The hardest working woman in the Typography biz
- Favorite articles from Ilene Strizver, founder of The
Type Studio and TypeTalk at Creative Pro
- 60 Seconds #329 : 10 Ways to BREAK the Creative Block
for designers, illustrators, writers
- Web Design : Is Complex Graphic Design UX Friendly?
- This is one of the last sites where you will not be stalked
it's time to protect yourself from cookies
- 60-Seconds #330 : Is it a copy? Is it not a copy?
Copy-anti-copy? Plagiarism? Stock?
- Marilyn Monroe, August 1953: The Lost LOOK Photos
- At last, powerful 2D and 3D, world class CAD for Macintosh
- Better story telling and visual flow using StoryBoard Artist
- Designers' Concern : Countering the Growing Intellectual Property Theft Threat
- April is just around the corner
Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 29, 2016