What started as a backyard hobby has grown into a full scale art genre of its own! For the third year, you can join the world's elite -- but there isn't much time left to participate in the amazing 3rd edition of the Dronestagr.am International Drone Photography Contest in partnership with National Geographic from May 30th to June 30th. June 22, 2016
DECEMBER Welcome to the 26th Holiday Season in the Design & Publishing Center! Discover all the creative ideas, designs, templates, and inspiration for this season. Bring us your BEST examples and your samples to be published here! DTG readers love to see your work! December is brought to you by "the color RED" and the letter "D"
Get the news: &Else... or join our FaceBook Group
The Design Center is an AD-FREE web site : no stalkers, predators or malvertising. High-content/Low-noise online presence since 1988. We advocate the USE of AD BLOCKERS.
Patina, which is useful for making simple drawings and sketches, as well as for doing basic image editing tasks, had the highest user rating among the top 10 most downloaded free apps in the Graphics & Design category in the Mac App Store. June 21, 2016
Perfect for photo enthusiasts, PSMania allows anyone to apply fun and interesting image processing effects on their photos and images. There are more than thirty different image filters to choose from, and most offer a slider to instantly adjust the filter parameters in real time. Best of all, you can see the effect in live video mode. It is so easy-to-use and no learning is needed June 17, 2016
Jumping into June, we're on a roll for creative summer stuff that will perk your imagination and creative juices. Once again, we're into some good reading and some good idea starters. When you travel this summer, keep clicking that camera and seeing the design inspiration that is all around you! Send in your favorites to share in Creative Tidbits . . .
- In corporate design, humor can be your most powerful tool—or a total disaster
- Omahan says controversial license plate is based on his 2002 design
- York College students publish art books
- Scott Thorp: Designing the Future
The world has become married to Google. Everyone uses Google Search on a daily basis. Web sites everywhere live and die by Google's hand. I'm wondering -- if I had the kind of money Google has, and I was designing a search engine, wouldn't I make the actual target of the search query turn up on the FIRST PAGE? I certainly would. Any good designer would -- at least you think they would. If you go to a restaurant and order the $35 Steak, wouldn't you expect to get steak? Google seems to disagree May 31, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
Feels like we're rushing down-hill into spring, and with that comes all kinds of new summer and seasonal design for marketing. This issue has some thoughtful items moreso than just eye-candy. Don't forget -- if you have an item for Creative Tidbits, just send it along -- we'll get right back to you! For now, enjoy . . .
- Textile artist Kustaa Saski delivers a world of psychedelic dreamscapes
- Which is better: mobile app development or responsive web design
- Graphic design seniors turn ideas into beautiful realities
- Special birthday shirts fly off rack
- The Science of Font Selection
While we're talking about color and design, we cannot neglect mentioning the Celtic arts and design. So, here we'll take a look at 60 clip art and reference files you can download and experiment with! But first, let me introduce you some valuable resources available for discovering the Celtic arts!
From the early medieval art of Britain and Ireland came the Book of Kells and other glorious pieces of illuminated art. This is what "Celtic art" evokes for much of the art world even though the most inspiring work was created nearly a thousand years earlier. It's a fascinating art genre well worth some study. May 23, 2016
Don't you just love election years? With Facebook becoming the public bully-pulpit for Kooks, jerks, brains, hucksters, criminals and even legitimate politicians you can find more interesting takes on art ever -- some good, and some will be bad but they'll all be fun. And, along with that comes the traditional discussion of various logos. The web is now full of logo designers, in fact you can't hardly turn a page without hitting two or three! Anyway, this is my surf for creative stuff over the past couple of weeks and it's a trilogy. Watch for the other two parts next week!
- Students create logos for an upcoming international event
- Logo design: how to stop Twitter hating your new logo
- RI Artscape: Reading The Presidential Campaign Logos
- Iordanis Passas offers the Baston display font
- Six Foot Giraffe is where I keep my things.
- 6 (More) Tips to Get Past a Creative Block
The Industry Days lineup at the ACQUIRE show features an all-star line-up of information and opportunity! This is a two-day educational event and tradeshow for government and military professionals looking to deliver on their agencies’ missions. May 20, 2016