From time to time we get a piece of hardware that we cannot resist mentioning. I've copied many, many CDs over the years to send some files somewhere else, to multiple people. What a drag -- specially when multiple CDs were required. If you need to distribute files on thumb drives, you should see this . . . April 20, 2016
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
22nd Annual Fonts Fest Poster
Illuminated Typography ~ Fonts Fest Inspiration Poster
Again we're back with another surf to meet some outstanding women in the fields of graphic design! You're gonna love Sara's video -- and Sue's posters, so follow along and have a great time!
- Jennifer Dickert : Altered Context
- Nicole Miller-Wong : minimalism
- Sue Murphy : a matter of fact
- ZSO speaks for herself
You'll remember, some time ago we told you about Cinemagram, a simple program that makes animated GIF files (Pronounced "jif"). Now, they're even easier -- and fun! Gifstory is a new GIF Camera and Editor developed for iOS devices. April 18, 2016
How many times have you really wanted to do an animated GIF but just didn't want to take the time with shots and frames and clutzy software? Here's onee, though, that makes it easy -- once the graphic design community understands what this app really is, there'll be a revolution of ideas flooding the market. Better check it out! April 13, 2016
This is why I love doing the creative tidbits. Sometimes we have some simple ones and sometimes complicated ones. This week, we've even got a very cool nne new video you don't want to miss! And, yes, yet another Adobe shortcuts chart to end all shortcuts charts. Jump in and enjoy ... and don't forget to send me your favorites to share with DTG readers.
- Artist Brian Yap on How iPad Apps Transformed The Way He Works
- Tobias Saul lettering, typography, illustration excellence
- HUGE Adobe Shortcuts charts in infographic
- A great logo Hewlett-Packard isn't using?
Comic life has always been a favorite, and now it's been updated and spread out for all platforms! Comic Life 3.5 is the latest version of the award winning photo comic creation software we told you about back in 2008! April 11, 2016
Having a great time learning about such outrageous new talents! This issue we have two videos along with a super collection of wonderful samples and portfolios ... take this journey and I hope you have as much fun as I did putting it together!
- Marta Granados: universal language of color and shape
- Peperina Magenta : Visual Storyteller
- Barbara Nessim : : An Artful Life
- Karla Blanco : Make a statement
Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #4 ~ April
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- Designing Women and Color Everywhere for April
- 21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
- Hamilton Wood Type celebrates "Mardell," a new font designed by Louise Fili
- Louise Fili : World Class design
- Art Nouveau and Victorian Color Palettes in Graphic Design - and era of decorative arts
- Creative Tidbits #203: Infographics, bold characters, Nazis, Web Design and more
- Creative Tidbits #204: big changes, small world, then technology and more
- Flora Borsi: Discovering one's self in the art of photography and Photoshop
- Flora Borsi and her works in self portriats
- Interview : Painting Mark Ruffalo with Jason Seiler
- Springtime ... Looking forward to Summer
Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016