There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
MAY 2016 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- May Colors : What's in YOUR palette! CONGRATULATIONS Design Graduates! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
May is brought to you by the color PURPLE ... because it means royalty, and is a frequent color for sashes at Graduation, and the letter "M" for May and Mom! join our FaceBook Group
The old 'Spec Work' debacle raises its ugly head again -- I cannot understand why people don't learn. We're also looking at the Google logo, and Adobe lost fonts. Enjoy and don't forget to share your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries
- Is Spec Work Evil? 12 Agency Execs Discuss the Unchecked Problem
- Create a Laser-Cut Mailer Using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- How Magazine Covers Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
- Google's new logo: why a meh response is actually good
- Is this an infographic or worthless misdirection?
- Adobe Drops Fonts, Leaves Users Stranded
Here are some layout pages to keep the kids occupied today, and for artists, craftspeople, designers, illustrators and other creative inspiration into the future. This classic collection of Thanksgiving art and drawings is not only very low cost, it's all completely editable. The books they represent are a treasure of fun for all. October 31, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving . . . we're enjoying all the art and style from many past Thanksgivings, and featuring this collection of copyright free art for the holiday season. There's a treasure trove of great inspiration for designers, illustrators, crafts people, scrapbookers, and other creatives available out there. . . please enjoy October 31, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #11 ~ November, 2015
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to the holiday seasons, and the start of a brand new 2016!
- Welcome to the month of November and the opening of the Holiday Season!
- Photoshop Madness Holidays
- Photoshop Madness : fall facebook madness reveals some real mad winners!
- Best selling fonts in October make a Thanksgiving Treat for November
- Creative Tidbits #199: Spec Work, Google Logo, Laser-Cut vetors, Adobe lost fonts and more
- Web Advertising is Dead
- Vintage Thanksgiving Art, Crafts Clip & Coloring Pages
- Vintage Thanksgiving Vignettes for Designers and Illustrators
- Vintage Holiday Photoshop Brushes & Creative Vector Tools
- Creative Tidbits #198: Photo fright, newsletter design, homeless and more
- Advertising Update : Mobile, Video, Ad Injection, Yahoo, Facebook, Google and ad madness!
- Artboard Drawing App Update: Photos, Performance, Usability Enhancements
- Monochrome batches color images to grayscale
- Share your thoughts...
Whether you need to whip out a quick newspaper ad, set up a banner for the mall, order up holiday tshirts, or decorate holiday cards and decorations, you'll be able to create your own clip art in an unlimited supply that are completely copyright free. October 30, 2015
Our friends at Fonts.com are bringing you a great offering of October’s best selling typefaces, just in time for the holidays! You'll feast on 28 style grotesque sans from Latinotype, as well as Choplin -- a robust, genial slab serif family from René Bieder in 18 varieties. Plus, we've got our usual bundle of fantastic type discounts: this month you can save big on the expressive "Keepsake script design from Aerotype! October 30, 2015
People don't want ads on their phones. They don't want ads on their tablets. They're speaking out in a real loud voice -- AD BLOCKERS! October 29, 2015
Here we are rolling into the holiday season, but you'll find that creative inspiration for the holidays can work all year long. We have a great line-up this month, which will be in three parts. Enjoy and don't forget to send in your creative inspiration tidbits and discoveries . . .
- 100 Cameras Were Given to the Homeless in London. Here’s What They Captured.
- Artist blends figurative and portraiture elements in works
- 4 Great Design Ideas for Your Association Newsletter
- Graphic Design Festival Scotland returns to Glasgow
- How to not be frightened of your camera
The holidays are upon us and chances are there will be a need for some holiday inspiration. OH NO ... time for some Photoshop Madness to try locating some decent resources! October 27, 2015