s we highlighted in the Gallery for the Fall Fonts Fest, chalk art is a growing craze that really takes a lot of talent. Well, now there's a very cool App for Macintosh and Windows that may reduce a lot of the need for talent because it actually simulates chalkboard art! Amazing! December 17, 2013
MARCH 2014 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields has a great time with March, and the 19th Annual Designing Women issue in celebration of National Women's History Month! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
March is brought to you by the color "GREEN" for spring and St. Patrick's Day. celebrated on March 17th, 2014(?) Follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group
We're wrapping up the end of the year, and now our Social Media update. In 2014 you can expect the social medias to become even more influential and important to online designers and marketers. Stay tuned here to keep up with new social media trends . . .
* 90% Of Customers Will Recommend Brands After Social Media Interactions
* Social Media Usage Up 800% For U.S. Online Adults In Just 8 Years
* Global Social Media Networks Set to Overtake Facebook?
* 26 Tips for Using Instagram for Business
* Readership Surveys: 10 Good Reasons Why
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking December 17, 2013
Closing out 2013 sets us up to launch our marketing programs for 2014, and it's not a moment too early ... here we go :
* How Social Data Changes Everything We Know About Marketing
* Understanding and utilizing digital marketing
* How to Frame Your Visual Storytelling Strategy
* Are You Posting Without a Plan?
* Stop Losing Leads
... and more December 16, 2013
We love to see great ideas pop up, and we love passing them along to readers! A big THANKS goes out to our good friend Sandy Hibbard for sharing this wonderful and timely marketing tip with DTG readers. There's no better time than today -- right now -- to push your message in a friendly way. Sandy has the idea ... December 13, 2013
Cameras these days have gotten more and more complicated and the turf once reserved for trained professionals now befalls many with no training whatsoever. What to do? The books we present below will bring you up to speed on some of the most popular cameras, and up to snuff on Photoshop Elements, the most recommended software package for consumer camera users . . . enjoy :
* Make ordinary photos extraordinary with Photoshop Elements For Dummies!
* Photographing Families: Tips for Capturing Timeless Images
* Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop Elements 12
* Canon EOS Rebel T3/1100D For Dummies
* Photoshop Elements 12 For Dummies
* Canon EOS 70D Digital Field Guide
* Nikon D5200 For Dummies
* Nikon D3100 For Dummies
and more December 12, 2013
You've probably seen the design community cult-movement "No SPEC" against spec-work, or seen thousands of complaints from graphic designers about the hack logo sites proliferating online these days. Today I got a press release, for DTG, from "48-hour Logos" a crowd sourcing site offering "contests" for designing logos. I've provided reference links below, but first, consider this December 11, 2013
This Social Media update doesn't stop! Take your mobile device, iPad or laptop along for the holidays so you can keep up with new social media trends -- watch out for all the holiday photos from friends . . .
* 26 Tips to Create a Strong Social Media Content Strategy
* Social Media Best Practices For Organizations
* Facebook Hashtags: The New Game Changer
* The grassroots effect of social media
* 5 Biggest Social Media Mistakes
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking December 10, 2013
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 23, #12 ~ December
- December: Let the holidays begin...
- Happy Feet Text Effect Illustrator & Photoshop Tutorial
- Photoshop Holiday Colorization, Retouching and Tips & Tricks Madness
- 60-Seconds 302: Should we colorize history?
- Photoshop Colorization Madness - Retouching, Tips & Tricks
- Holiday Season Retail Therapy in Illustrations from Richard Solomon
- Vintage Holiday Vignettes copyright free images and resource art on CD-ROM
- Vintage Greeting Cards offer rich design inspiration
- Vintage Holiday Photoshop Brushes & Creative Vector Tools
- Vintage Holiday Vector Clip Art and Embroidery Designs
- Vintage Thanksgiving Art, Crafts Clip & Coloring Pages
- Vintage Thanksgiving Vignettes for Designers and Illustrators
- What is the best approach to designing a website that clients can edit?
- Top-level domains could become important factor in ranking, online brand visibility
- Tiffen Makes Its Award-Winning Photo Apps Available for iOS 7
- Ashlar-Vellum releases Cobalt v8 Solo and Xenon v8 Solo for Mac/Windows
- Entries flood for the Nanjing 2014 Olympic Medal Design Competition
- Out with 2013, in with 2014
December 1, 2013
It's getting cold, cold, cold, but our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net is hot with this great Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop tutorial! You'll enjoy some tricks for 3D, and then the whole piece drops into Photoshop for finishing! December 1, 2013
They call this "clip art" but it's really more than that. It's a window to yesterday while providing inspiration for tomorrow. Hope you enjoy these, and have a wonderful holiday! Don't forget the Publisher's Warehouse Holiday Gift center is open too . . . enjoy November 30, 2013