New Research Offers Insight on the Effectiveness of QR Codes -- Few marketing trends are currently hotter than QR (Quick Response) codes -- those 2D black and white, square images that can be scanned by smartphones October 18, 2011
JANUARY 2017 ... a new year, and new opportunities for graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields! share your masterpieces with DTG readers and win a prize!
January is brought to you by "BLUE" because it's the color of COLD!
January is brought to you by the letter "J"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
We follow our earlier marketing update this month with continuing coverage of direct mail, business cards, SEO, and some interesting tips and tricks to help you improve your mix, including . . .
* 5 tips to improve your marketing mix
* 10 cool new tech ideas to help you market your business
* Facebook to court small business with free advertising
* The value of face-to-face marketing in a virtual age
* 5 ways SEOs can work with social media managers
* Lean marketing tips: Business cards as selling tools
* Top tips for multicultural marketing
* 12 unexpected tips for business communications
... and more October 17, 2011
The iPhone 4S went on sale October 14th. At the announcement for the iPhone 4S you could sense a mild disappointment when everyone realized there wasn't going to be Jobs' trademarked, "one more thing." October 14, 2011
Good news for video producers : the Judiciary Committee has passed the Goodlatte Bill to Modernize the Video Privacy Protection Act . . . Washington, DC, October 13, 2011: Today the House Judiciary Committee passed bipartisan legislation introduced by Congressman Bob Goodlatte, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition, and the Internet, which updates the Video Privacy Protection Act October 14, 2011
This Social Media update takes a look at : some major moved with FaceBook, Google-plus including
* Facebook Unveils Timeline: The Story Of Your Life On A Single Page
* Facebook Reveals Major Updates at F8 [VIDEO]
* 5 ways to optimize your Facebook page
* Advice from the pros: 34 Google+ resources for your business
* Social business: Transparency is good for business
* Google+ now open to everyone
... and the emerging world of social networking ... October 14, 2011
This edition of Web Update follows the last edition, covering many new considerations for all web designers...
* 5 Steps to Building a Search Persona
* 8 Places To Use Your Keywords
* Bury These Deadly Search Myths
* How 5 Popular Landing Page Optimization Tips Can Also Hurt Conversion Rates
* 3 Tips for Building a Web App That Can Scale October 12, 2011
We've all seen, and probably owned ABC Blocks at one time or another. But for kids today, do you think it's time to get a little different perspective? Fred of course has XYZ Blocks ... October 12, 2011
This latest marketing update brings some really interesting data, plus lots of tips and tricks including . . .
* What would an advertising world without direct mail look like?
* 11 excellent email marketing infographics
* Marketing research chart: To what extent are marketers integrating social media?
* Direct marketing? Exceptional marketing method
* Life after 'like'
* Modeling and optimizing your marketing mix
* 5 steps to measure your PR efforts
... and more October 10, 2011
Next in our series, Scott Kelby helps you deal with a light part line in retouching hair (or any overly light area, for that matter) More crafty tips in this free Photoshop tutorial from the Photoshop guru himself! September 30, 2011
I've preached about the beauty of copperplate calligraphy before -- arguably the most beautiful form of hand lettering. I've encouraged you to at least try your had at producing it by hand, because by doing so you experience the true are and craft of penmanship. Here's some help to get you started September 30, 2011