For nearly twenty years, Mac users everywhere have known Lemke Software GmbH and the software called GraphicConverter as a staple in the Mac toolbox -- and one of the most loyal, service oriented software developers in the industry. GraphicConverter was one of the first an most robust graphics programs to appear for the Mac. It started life as public domain and evolved into shareware. From its slideshow functions to supporting hundreds of formats, it's the best. Now there's an all new version
GraphicConverter 9.2, an important update to this popular image utility for Mac OS X. Fully compatible with different Mac OS versions, GraphicConverter is an all-around image editing program that features image conversion from more than 200 file formats.
In 2012, Edward Mendelson of PCMagazine said
One reason this app stands out from the competition is that it's been in continuous development since 1992 ... And the author has had time to add every feature you can imagine and a few dozen that you've never thought of. GraphicConverter does more things with more formats than any other application I've ever seen on any platform. It's both the only choice and our Editors' Choice.
- Comfortable and simplified user interface
- Express picture enhancement function
- Basic functions for picture editing
- Advanced functions, effects, and filters for picture manipulation
- Plug-in architecture
- Color management with ColorSync and ICC profiles
- Ability to open files in 200 graphics formats
- Ability to export in almost 80 different formats
- Regular verification of images on a NAS
- Powerful batch processor feature
- Picture import direct from camera (also RAW)
- TWAIN interface for scanners
- Direct support of the photo services Google+, Flickr, and Locr
- Slide show functions
- Support for Applescript
- Multilingual (12 available languages)
- Fully compatible with OS X 10.9
- Ability to browse local copies on cloud services like DropBox, SkyDrive, Copy, Amazon Cloud and Google Drive
- Extract images from PDF to concert and modify
GraphicConverter now includes several new features including the addition of a new image verifier. Specifically added due to requests from users, this new feature is a background task that can regularly verify images on NAS devices. Other new features added include:
- Batch scale (Long Edge)
- RegExLite support to batch rename
- Option to rescale faxes
- Ability to display color usage
- Variety of brushes to sharpen, burn, and dodge
- Cycle backward through windows
- Golden ratio display
- Additional batch support options
- Ability to access tools in new submenu
- Export to Apple TV to keep file order
- Display animated GIF's during slideshow
- Copy sidecar file to jpg, tif, png, and webp
In 2004, Vern Seward of the The Mac Observer wrote:
For every obscure format GraphicConverter supports ... It supports all of the far more common formats, as well. GraphicConverter is one of those tools that you don't know you need until you need it.
Besides fixing minor bugs, GraphicConverter 9.2 has made several enhancements to existing functionality. In addition to including radius to map feature and improved batch multi-scale options, these updates include:
- display of last scale values to menu items
- color profile to available metadata display items
- show in slideshow to redirect options in browser
- optimized speed of PDF multipage editing dramatically if zip or jpg compression is used
- Added GPS display for RAWs with separate xmp file to the browser
- Enhanced rename options
- Added filter with rating of 5 to browser
Thorsten Lemke, founder of Lemke Software GmbH says
GraphicConverter is a universal image editing program which, for many users, is as natural a part of their Mac as Apple's operating system itself ... The idea for GraphicConverter occurred more than twenty years ago when I wanted to convert my entire picture collection into one of the standard Mac formats. Unfortunately there weren't any programs available that could do this so I created a program to accomplish this job myself. As soon as I offered GraphicConverter to other users on a shareware basis, an impressive track record of successes began. Today, GraphicConverter has more than 1.5 million users worldwide and is one of the most used and loved programs on the shareware market. This program has even impressed Apple, who include GraphicConverter as a pre-installed application on many of their computers.
Although GraphicConverter's level of success is naturally based upon the quality of the program, it is also a testament to the commitment of loyal GraphicConverter users everywhere. Their suggestions and ideas have actively supported the development of the program, such as the addition of the new image verifier. This close corroboration with our users has helped us develop this conversion tool into the professional image editing program it is today.
Language Support: GraphicConverter supports English, German, French, Danish, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, Catalan and Russian languages.
Device Requirements OS X 10.7 or later * 220 MB
Pricing and Availability: GraphicConverter 9.2 is only $39.95 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Photography category. It can also be directly purchased online from the Lemkesoft website. All registered users of Version 9 may update to 9.2 for free. Existing previous version customers can upgrade for $25.95 (USD). Category: Graphics & Design, Photography, Art, Video
eine, Germany - Lemke Software GmbH is a developer and publisher of Macintosh software. Founded by Thorsten Lemke in 2002, the main focus and passion of Lemke Software is centered on the maintenance and further development of GraphicConverter. Lemke Software also develops individual solutions for special customer requirements. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Lemke Software GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.