Mapdiva today announces Artboard 1.5, an update to their powerful vector drawing software for Mac OS X Lion. This update provides support for the most requested feature from users - the import of SVG vector graphics. (Made in USA)
SVG is an open-standard for vector graphics, and this update brings Artboard into that world. Not only can you open SVG files directly, you can also drag-and-drop them from the Image Browser right onto your drawing canvas. SVG import is notoriously difficult to get right, and we think you'll like what you see.
Artboard is an affordable vector drawing program that is simple to use to get you going fast, yet powerful enough to meet your everyday drawing needs. A broad selection of vector tutorials, getting-started videos, and a free trial version are available on the Mapdiva website.
New in this version:
* When exporting to PDF and printing, gradients with alpha transparency are now supported
* Dramatically faster Pan and Zoom by adding a preference to control the display of shadows at very high zoom levels
* Added paper background textures in the drawing setup dialog
* SVG images can now be browsed by the Image Browser and dragged to a drawing, or SVG files can be opened from File > Open or dragged in from Finder (read more for details)
* Looped paths now treat the two end points and curve handles as a single point if they coincide
* Document style collections now update on a save, not just on first open
* Tapered stroke effect more versatile - allows individual settings for each end of the stroke, as well as cap and join settings
* Improved templates
* Added scale control for Image objects
* Added master opacity for styles
* Various bug fixes, usability enhancements, and more
Since Artboard's debut just over a year ago, the Mapdiva team has made regular updates with lots of performance improvements, added many features, and refined the GUI. Some of those updates have included a Geometry panel for numeric input, a Format Bar for quick access to simple styles, 64-bit native and Lion support, and much more. With features such as SVG import, enhanced performance when zooming, full transparency support on gradients, and more, Artboard 1.5 may be most notable update yet.
* OS X 10.6 or later
* 66.1 MB
Artboard 1.5 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category. Category: Graphics & Design, Photography, Art, Video
Indianapolis, Indiana - Mapdiva is dedicated to making intuitive software so users can focus their creative energy on content and design. Founded in 2008 by Graham Cox and Jill Saligoe-Simmel, Mapdiva, LLC develops powerfully easy vector illustration software. Mapdiva, LLC has offices in Indianapolis, IN USA and Armidale, NSW Australia. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Mapdiva, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.