Palettes 3.0, the color palette tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch was developed specifically to take advantage of an iOS device's unique capabilities and touch interface. Palettes is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Create a color palette anywhere at anytime.
Perfect for web site design, marketing campaigns, home decorating, wardrobe, color coordinating or anywhere colors are needed, the uses for Palettes are limited only by the user's imagination. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, camera, color scheme or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. Users may create and store any number of palettes.
The Pro version of Palettes extends its capabilities even further by allowing users to effortlessly import and/or export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and the OS X Color Chooser. Designers can easily backup and restore their Palettes data directly to/from their own computer (Basic, Pro). Among only one of Palettes Pro's most prolific features is its ability to email color sets to friends and colleagues. This makes the application incredibly useful for team development.
- Single universal application works on all your iOS devices
- Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme
- Unlimited number of palettes (Free only supports 3)
- 25 colors per palette (Free and Basic allow 5)
- Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser (Pro)
- Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import (Pro)
- Backup and restore Palettes data directly to/from a computer (Basic, Pro)
- Import and export palette files directly to/from a computer (Pro)
- Email color palettes to friends and co-workers
- "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
- Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly)
- Palette preview screen
- Backup a palette as an image in the photo library for later restore (Basic, Pro)
- Rename, reorder, or delete palettes
- Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model (Pro)
- All work is saved on the fly
- Always remembers where the user left off last
- Built in context sensitive help system
- Preferences can be set directly within the application (Basic, Pro)
- Excellent customer support.
Rick Maddy, founder of Colorado based Maddysoft said
"At the time there were no color creation applications for the iPhone ... Since I had just completed my first two iPhone applications, I thought it would be cool to write an iPhone app to help pick colors and be able to view technical details about the color. After some time brainstorming ideas for features I began writing the app. What started as a quick need for some website colors turned into a several hundred hour project resulting in the release of Palettes. Since its initial release I've added many features, largely based on customer requests and feedback."
Palettes 3.0 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Palettes runs at one of three levels: Free, Basic, and Pro. The initial free version runs at the Pro level for a limited time allowing users to fully test the application. It will then revert back to the Free level. Palettes features in-application purchasing to upgrade to either the Basic or Pro level at any time. Users may upgrade to the Basic version for $3.00 (USD), $6.00 to upgrade to the Pro version and only $3.00 to upgrade from Basic to Pro. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Denver, Colorado, Maddysoft is a small privately funded company founded in 2008 by Rick Maddy. With over 20 years of professional software development experience, Richard's focus is on developing quality iOS applications, complemented by first-class customer support. Copyright (C) 2008-20010 Maddysoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iOS, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.