ExactCODE continues to improve OCRKit, and bring streamlined and easy to use text recognition to the Mac. OCRKit recognizes text from images and PDF documents and transform them into searchable PDFs by using advanced Optical Character Recognition technology.
The latest OCRKit update 1.5 allows to save HTML and RTF formats and TXT UTF-8 encoded plain text. In addition it improves the recognition and stability of OCRKit plus the user-interface translations got updated.
OCRKit comes as a native, Intel Macintosh application focusing on usability and simple to use. By dragging a document onto the application icon a searchable and multi page PDF is quickly created. OCRKit helps to organize the office workflow: By making received information, in image or PDF form, from a copier, scanner, receipt or via e-mail editable and indexable to find them with Spotlight or manage them in a database application.
OCRKKit comes with support for many OCR languages, including English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, and even more user-interface translations: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Simplified-Chinese, Traditional-Chinese, and works with Apple Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 as well as with the 'Snow Leopard' version 10.6. on Intel Macs. The support of AppleScript allows professionals to create dedicated solutions for specific and even difficult workflows.
What's new in OCRKit 1.5?
- added support to save Html (Hyper Text Markup Language) format
- added support to save RTF (Rich Text Format) format
- added support to save TXT UTF-8 encoded plain text
- improved recognition and stability
- updated user-interface translations
- many other improvements
Other features of OCRKit:
- Streamlined and easy OCR for Mac OS X
- As simple as drag and drop files to the application icon* Can read existing PDFs and many popular raster image formats, including TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, PNM and more
- Creates Portable Document Files (PDF), virtually readable everywhere
- Powerful automatic image filters, as well as optional de-screen
- Rotate documents on-the-fly
- No limits, neither on the daily processing volume, nor pages per document
ExactCODE GmbH is a research and development company located in Berlin, Germany. The founders have more than 10 years experience in porting the GNU Compiler Compilation, Linux and micro-kernel and a strong background in various other Open Source projects, low-level system software and scientific background. With skills in system and application software development and hardware design, as well as system administration and deployment, ExactCODE creates individual and award winning products combining existing software modules with new solutions developed dedicated for the contracted purpose. The key focus lies on real-time, digital signal processing, multimedia applications and communication solutions. Avision and all other registered names are trademarks of their respective owners. - Berlin, Germany