WEB DESIGN & REVIEW THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? Does your web site suck? -- We're here for anyone interested in presenting to the greater internet and web audience; including: issues, security, programming, and of course web site critiques and reviews.
PLEASE READ: Who will own the Internet if America gives it away?
ICANN seems to be doing everything to enhance its own wellfair, but nothing to protect netizens.
* Why are they adding so many new TLDs? They cannot even administrate the ones we have, and they are perpetually putting responsibility into hands that should never have it! This special Web Update includes: Name.space sends lawsuit against ICANN over new TLDs to Court of Appeals
* ICANN gTLDs: When Names Are Borrowed from an Atlas - CircleID
* Harvard.xxx a Brand Cautionary Tale as Web Adds New Names
* United States: ICANN Opens Trademark Clearing House
* Microsoft Doesn’t Like Google’s Dotless
* New local domains see breakthrough
* Who Really Runs the Internet?
* Trademarks at Risk - Law.com
and more! Follow along April 19, 2013
I don't know who has been following this issue, but it could affect everyone eventually. As web designers, we need to keep an eye on such issues and try to push society toward the logical resolutions. Robin Flynn sent in this article and it brings up to date with what's going on concerning AEREO. . . April 14, 2013
Content marketing start-up Uberflip has released a new infographic about the state of social media advertising. Given mass consumer adoption of social media, over 75% of brands have incorporated social advertising into their integrated marketing budgets. March 26, 2013
You may have already read my 60-Seconds column about false advertising -- but the online advertising world faces a number of challenges -- quite possibly the biggest challenge is from Google. Here, Greenlight's Angela Knibb helps shed some light on the whole sordid mess! February 27, 2013
Almost half of IT experts are deterred from keeping sensitive data in the cloud because of fear of government intervention and possible legal action, according to a new survey from Lieberman Software which was released in February. February 14, 2013
Managing and growing your online, web design, social media plan, and making it go needs all the tricks you can muster. This media update includes:
* 7 goals of successful community management strategy
* 5 questions every social media policy must answer
* The 10 Keys to Optimizing Facebook Engagement
* 7 Secrets to Getting More from LinkedIn
* Tips for managing multi-author blogs
* 20 Tricks to Make Facebook Better
.... and more from the continuing world of social media and networking January 23, 2013
I very seldom actually pan a web site. I'm always looking for the silver lining -- or at least something good about the site. But this one just defies anything good. 171 scripts executed in a single web page ??? 283 http calls on a single web page? You've got to see this... January 22, 2013
Over the last decade, blogging has been steadily increasing in popularity. In fact, Nielsen/McKinsey has gone from tracking 36 million blogs, just five years ago, to tracking over 181 million blogs by the end of 2011. Many of these bloggers may be looking for a way to compile or get more out of the posts they have written, which makes turning them into a book or eBook an ideal option. January 21, 2013