equinux announces the release of Mail Designer 1.3 for Mac. equinux enhances Mail Designer, its tool for creative professionals, with an interface to send and distribute mail designs and newsletters with Campaign Monitor. This integration greatly improves the marketing workflow for freelancers, creative professionals, and companies. Mail Designer and Campaign Monitor are ideal for launching newsletter campaigns and reaching large audiences. Users can build and create their own mail designs. May 20, 2013
WEB DESIGN & REVIEW THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? Does your web site suck? -- We're here for anyone interested in presenting to the greater internet and web audience; including: issues, security, programming, and of course web site critiques and reviews.
PLEASE READ: Who will own the Internet if America gives it away?
We haven't had a real Web Update since the first of the year, so let's catch up to the first quarter of interesting regular updates on Web Trends, tips and tricks just for web designers and online marketers:
* Is responsive design really the future of Web development?
* 4 Reasons Long Blog Posts and Content are the Future
* 7 Ways To Grow Your Online Community With Google+
* 17 Things You Should Stop Doing to Your Websites
* 10 Killer SEO Landing Page Tips
.... and the continuing online world May 16, 2013
This Social Media update joins spring changes coming to the whole world of online media -- from burn-out to flubs, to promotions and marketing -- let's catch up
* 5 tips for avoiding social media burnout - Social Media Today
* 6 ways to avoid a personal PR crisis on social media
* 7 NEW things to do after you've written a blog post
* 5 Ways Social Media Can Promote Your Offline Event
* Boost engagement on your LinkedIn company page
* 5 tips to reduce risk of social media flubs
* 7 simple social media moves that work
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking May 15, 2013
ICANN seems to be doing everything to enhance its own wellfair, but nothing to protect netizens.
* Why are they adding so many new TLDs? They cannot even administrate the ones we have, and they are perpetually putting responsibility into hands that should never have it! This special Web Update includes: Name.space sends lawsuit against ICANN over new TLDs to Court of Appeals
* ICANN gTLDs: When Names Are Borrowed from an Atlas - CircleID
* Harvard.xxx a Brand Cautionary Tale as Web Adds New Names
* United States: ICANN Opens Trademark Clearing House
* Microsoft Doesn’t Like Google’s Dotless
* New local domains see breakthrough
* Who Really Runs the Internet?
* Trademarks at Risk - Law.com
and more! Follow along April 19, 2013
I don't know who has been following this issue, but it could affect everyone eventually. As web designers, we need to keep an eye on such issues and try to push society toward the logical resolutions. Robin Flynn sent in this article and it brings up to date with what's going on concerning AEREO. . . April 14, 2013
Content marketing start-up Uberflip has released a new infographic about the state of social media advertising. Given mass consumer adoption of social media, over 75% of brands have incorporated social advertising into their integrated marketing budgets. March 26, 2013
You may have already read my 60-Seconds column about false advertising -- but the online advertising world faces a number of challenges -- quite possibly the biggest challenge is from Google. Here, Greenlight's Angela Knibb helps shed some light on the whole sordid mess! February 27, 2013
Almost half of IT experts are deterred from keeping sensitive data in the cloud because of fear of government intervention and possible legal action, according to a new survey from Lieberman Software which was released in February. February 14, 2013