You may wonder how they create such realistic motion and movement in today's computer generated graphic characters? They capture it from live subjects of course. And that technology is ever increasing in accuracy and sophistication. Powerful new cost-effective Microsoft Kinect based motion retargeting system allows users to easily capture, adjust and retarget motion to 3D objects and characters July 27, 2013
GRAPHIC DESIGN & DESKTOP PUBLISHING brings ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here!
BOOK OF THE MONTH : Dialogues with Creative Legends and Aha Moments in a Designer's Career Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
3D Systems announced today that B&H Photo began selling 3D printers online and at its Manhattan superstore on 9th Avenue and 34th Street. The Cube® 3D Printer is immediately available in the store for $1,299. July 26, 2013
LightWave 3D Group Unveils LightWave 11.6 -- Artists and designers can animate in new ways, streamline real-time and stereo virtual production, previsualization and game development, support 3D printing, and more July 26, 2013
We're rolling into the school season with Back to Design School, here are some great inspirations and idea starters to get you moving to September . . .
* Meet The Duo Behind The Graphic Design Wizardry Of "Harry Potter”
* The Next Closest Thing to HOW Design Live
* The first issue of Container 'magazine'
* Talent Spotters: UCLan Graphic Design
* New - Xara Page & Layout Designer
* Jamie wins top national award
... and more ! July 25, 2013
Everything changes, so Zevrix has to keep up ... they have upgraded their Package Central 1.7, a compatibility update to its document packaging workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign. July 23, 2013
The Tiffen Company today announced its iPad app, Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5, has been named "Best Mobile Photo App of 2013" by the prestigious Technical Image Press Association. Tiffen Photo fx Ultra v5 allows users to simulate many popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, natural light, and photographic effects directly from their iPads and share via Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, email and more. July 22, 2013
Hope you've had a great summer, as many of us continue back into the school season, here are some great inspirations and idea starters for August . . .
* Stefan Sagmeister’s The Happy Show Is at the Chicago Cultural Center
* 'Revel on the Block' promotes creativity, community and local business
* Students Recognized by 'Design for Good' Project
* Winners of SEGD Global Design Awards 2013
* Trust me, you’re not a graphic designer
* Contemporary Arts Museum gets graphic
... and more ! July 19, 2013
June and July are brought to you by the letter J, so here, we've found some Jays for you. Along with that we continue the creative quest for cool stuff. Enjoy
* June and July are brought to you by the letter J
* Big JAY Alphabet art . . . personalized prints
* Jays poster for JULY
* Pen Tool Cheat Sheet, techniques : 'Zen of the Pen'
* Extraordinary Pen Tool Work :: Marcus Vinicius
* Talent Spotters: Lincoln School of Art & Design
* Design Studio course explores social issue
. . . and more! July 2, 2013
More great lettering in this Creative update, along with a designer with a cause, children's graphics and even Google now pays homage to Saul Bass!
* Metamorphosis Urban Revitalization Mural Design Transforms A Public Space
* Anthony Nolan Connects the Dots in Identity package
* The National Design Award Winners Announced
* A lesson about designing ugly PowerPoints
* Patricia got us going on and on and on
* Like Minded Studios . . . Wow
* Rebranding olive oil
... and more ! July 2, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 Greetings to JULY . . .
* 02 Let me send you some free Design books :
* 03 July Creative Two, Too
* 04 Creative inspiration Summertime, outdoors, awards, ugly Powerpoints
* 05 Vintage Art : wonderful tags, cards and cigar labels for decorative reference
* 06 Photoshop Madness: JULY Flags and other madness
* 07 Karen negotiates for a salary in a design position at a design firm
* 08 Magazine Apps: Why So Bloated?
* 09 Turn Gigantic Print Reference Content into Lightweight Apps
* 10 Customize the Way You Display
* 11 Procreate app Sketch, paint, create wins Apple's Design Award at WWDC 2013
* 12 Ji Lee: bubbles to words to pictures to books . .
* 13 Marketing Update : baseball, apple pie, and marketing
* 14 Marketing Update : Learning from the past, Lead dynamics
* 15 Marketing Update : Charts, Videos, Banners, and Mix Thoroughly
* 16 Publishing Update - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 17 Next Month : AUGUST is BACK TO (DESIGN) SCHOOL
* Final words from the Editor July 1, 2013