Comic life has always been a favorite, and now it's been updated and spread out for all platforms! Comic Life 3.5 is the latest version of the award winning photo comic creation software we told you about back in 2008! April 11, 2016
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 26 years! Twenty-six years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #4 ~ April
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- Designing Women and Color Everywhere for April
- 21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
- Hamilton Wood Type celebrates "Mardell," a new font designed by Louise Fili
- Louise Fili : World Class design
- Art Nouveau and Victorian Color Palettes in Graphic Design - and era of decorative arts
- Creative Tidbits #203: Infographics, bold characters, Nazis, Web Design and more
- Creative Tidbits #204: big changes, small world, then technology and more
- Flora Borsi: Discovering one's self in the art of photography and Photoshop
- Flora Borsi and her works in self portriats
- Interview : Painting Mark Ruffalo with Jason Seiler
- Springtime ... Looking forward to Summer
Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016
21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
As we said before, we love to visit studios we've featured before. Such is the case with Stacey's! But probably the highlight of this journey is the story about BLITZ magazine, and the video we've included. It's a pleasure to keep rolling, and our #3 will follow this week! Have fun!
- Ten years ago : Stacey Dyer and Triple Frog
- Giselle Monzón Calero: Cuba illustrated
- Carey Labovitch and her BLITZ
- Becca Stadtlander soft hand
This one is actually part of #203, but we had to break it out to a second file. We don't usually run essays, but the Media and Publishing piece is particularly good for designers. Also, the 3D printer piece is essential just to realize where that technology is going. enjoy
- The 3D Printing Advances That Changed The World In 2015
- Voltron Reboot, New Gullermo Del Toro Series Coming To Netflix
- Great Design versus Everything Else
- Designing Women : Painted Surf 01
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
Folks, meet Ilene Strizver, dsigner, type designers, and the hardest working woman in the Typography biz February 26, 2016
Welcome to the 2016 Designing Women edition, celebrating Women's History Month. This will be our 21st year of celebrating, and it continues to be one of our favorite editions, because we get to meet so many wonderful artists, designers, illustrators and photographers. Hope you enjoy this year's line-up, and don't forget to send in your portfolio, or nominations!
- Lucia Bustamante designing diversity
- TypeTalk: Most Notable Fonts of 2015
- An obsession with Grids
- Karina Mosqueda
- and more to come!
Storyboarding is and art, no matter if it's for video, cinema, comic books or other visual sequentials. If you're writing and producing TV spots, educational films, or other promotional motion pictures then Storyboard Artist is an essential! February 15, 2016
Each year, we like to focus on achievements in the visual communications world in celebration of Black History Month. This year we're taking a little different approach in a quest to find creative expressions of Martin Luther King Jr. We've also updated the whole series of pages about Black designers and artists in the world ... February 1, 2016