This is not necessarily a graphic design tool, but surely with over 3,000 icons to communicate with you can do some creative brainstorming. This app for your iPhone gives you the power of infographics on the fly, using icons. November 18, 2016
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 29 years! Twenty-nine years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
With the advent of the superb Apple Pencil, you now have the opportunity to master beautiful calligraphy and penmanship in the digital world. The new iPad and Pencil are extraordinary new tools for the graphic designer, illustrator and letterhead -- it's time to put them to work! November 17, 2016
I don't know about you, but at one time iMovie was a quick and easy movie editing app where you could combine some video takes into meaningful video in just a few clicks. Well, Apple saw fit to keep making it more and more difficult to use -- hoping to push you to their Final Cut product -- and now it's about too frustrating to use. Well, now there's MovieMerge+ October 27, 2016
Working with lots of images can sometimes have problems. You've tried the icon view, and various contact sheet methods. Both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements have their own built in image browsing utilities -- but nobody has come up with the light table functionality we enjoyed for decades in the professional world. October 26, 2016
I hope you have as much fun with this edition as I did ... frankly, I looked up these and spent hours and hours deciding which samples to show -- and an afternoon in that video library! Amazing stuff. Simply amazing stuff! C'mon and jump on in and see what I'm talking about :
- Required: 50 Posters that Rocked the World
- The Most Satisfying Videos In The World
- Saul Bass: 20 Iconic Film Posters
- Outrageous illustration talent
Here we go with some fun items that will get those creative juices flowing! From the guy who designed the Apple logo to minimalism, colors and even Pokemon helping design and event planners . . . here's this edition of Creative Tidbits menu:
- 12 Things Event Planners Can Learn From Pokemon Go
- Can your color be seen? Online Color Testing
- Jony is an ambassador of minimalist Design
- Free Flat 2017 Calendar Template
- Rob Janoff on his logo for Apple
How many times have you faced a whole folder of images that needed the same tweak? Or you've got dozens of photos that need to be optimized for web use? You've used PS Elements for this, but it's just so darn limited -- and PSD isn't much better. You might want to take a look at Image Smith! October 11, 2016
I have a pile of freebies, and just haven't gotten around to including them -- but I'll start including some of them now. Also, an important item for web designers in this issue -- the typography thing between web sites and mobile sites is really a nightmare. Otherwise it's all fun and all good this issue so have a good time!
- Free: Vector Florals, Avatars, Patterns, Shapes and Banners
- Free: Fun Swirls, Doodles, Shapes, Balloons & Cakes
- Free Stuff : Minimalist Sports Icons
- Sally DaBronzo Free Printables
- Typography is impossible
Bridget Haina, accomplished design educator discusses the Gestalt Principles of Design. For more than a century, and thousands of hours of research and study, these lessons have been established as the most important factors of visual design -- for all designers! Thank you Bridget for helping get visual designers on the right track! September 13, 2016
Welcome to September, and the opening of Fall!
- Wow... our 22nd annual FONTS FESTIVAL!
- 22nd Fonts Fest: moving type, type for lawyers, cancer type and more
- Typographer's Majestic Treasure Chest with 45 awesome caligraphic fonts
- FFF #2: A Tattoo font, some calligraphy, a weird sans, . . . a slab and even a caps marker font!
- Photoshop Madness: Add A Realistic Old Photo Effect To Any Photo with Photoshop
- 60-Seconds #336 : You Are Annoying Your Customers? Do you know why?
- Creative Tidbits #213: the world's ugliest color, beyond CMYK. . . free photos, icons and more
- VIDEO Tutorial : How To Make Images Look Old using Photoshop
- Marketing Update : ad strategies, food trends, direct mail, making money and more
- 5 Signs That It's Time to Update Your Website
- Social Media Update : Celebrity Posts, Facebook Likes, Twitter Tactics, . . . media failures and more
- Ad Blockers : ad poison, skip button, pernicious Facebook,
- . . . Adblock, WSJ, reader blocking
- A Sad day for P22
- The end of the Publishers' Warehouse
- Autumn is here... gearing up