From the mid 1980s until well into the 1990s, all of my workshops and seminars all around the country were conducted using GraphicConverter. First, there was no other "slide show" software that would run on the first Mac laptop -- which was actually an Outbound. Yes, this was before powerbooks. The sorter helped me sort and organize, the graphics engine let me edit, modify and build titling, and the slidshower helped me click through my presentations. And the slides were so beautiful, nobody ever wanted to see another PowerPoint. Some day, I'd like to meet Thorsten Lemke. He's the hardest working man in software -- he keeps on working and improving GraphicConverter's awesome capabilities. Now, here comes the next version . . . April 27, 2015
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 25 years! Twenty-five years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
This is the one you've been waiting for! Typographics is an ambitious two-day typography conference, surrounded by two weeks of workshops and events, planned for this June at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City. Organized by Cooper's Type@Cooper and the Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography, the conference provides a platform for designers to share broad perspectives on where typography is today and where it is going. April 25, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #04 ~ April Here we are, moving forward into April, and part two of our Designing Women special. As always have a great month, and keep in touch . . .
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Three: New finds, old friends
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Four: Pins, needles, pens, paints and passion
- 60-Seconds #320 : Should history be erased? Should Google erase memories if they're out of date?
- Vintage printing effects with this new Photoshop plug-in Permanent Press
- Creative Tidbits #189: Oscars, Light Sabers and Football Helmets
- Creative Tidbits #190: Hip-hoppers, decades, Instagram, textures and more
- Marketing Update : Twitter, Facebook, Direct Mail, Press Releases, Video and more
- Advertising Update : Brand-Protection, cookies, digital ads, ad strategy
- Marketing Update : Click-through, Customers, Mobile, Email, PR Pros and more
- Marketing Update : March Marketing Madness
- Create a Whole New World of Video with Red Giant Universe VFX
- Know how to fold? Use the Folding Genius AI Version 2 for Mac and Win
- Graphic Design App Candy Apple Updated with more WOW features!
- & Else : News, Views and Reviews from the News Department
- April is brought to you by
- Looking ahead: May, June July
April 1, 2015
Whether you're a pro, student or hobbiest, this package is probably the most awesome visual effects package we've seen -- once again, Red Giant has updated and expanded the Red Giant Universe! If you're a real creative, you won't be able to resist these eight new tools --- unique and powerful visual effects and transitions. March 17, 2015
lphaCorr is proud to announce today the second release of Folding Genius for Adobe Illustrator. Folding Genius is intended for AI users who need folded 3D visualization of their existing dieline design files for corrugated packaging and point-of-purchase displays. Supporting Adobe Illustrator versions CS6, CC and CC2014 on both Mac and Windows, the Folding Genius plug-in works from within Illustrator to animate and render folded cartons, boxes and displays with their graphics, then exports to 3D PDF. March 13, 2015
128bit Technologies introduces version 1.5 of Candy Apple for Mac OS X, a tasty vector based graphic design and illustration app available on the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website. Current Candy Apple users can simply update for free through the Updates section of the App Store application on their Mac, or through the Check for Updates option in the Candy Apple menu March 12, 2015
Core Animator 1.0 is a new animation tool for Mac OS X. Currently featured by Apple, Core Animator was specifically developed to help designers, animators, and developers alike bring more creativity and interactivity to their apps. This simple visual tool allows iOS and Mac developers to quickly and easily create animations and export them to native Objective-C or Swift code March 4, 2015
Where does creative inspiration come from? It can appear when you least expect it -- or you can go looking for it, which is what we do! Follow along with our next quest for people doing creative stuff that will inspire us!
- New Cleveland Browns Logo 'Uninspired, Boring': A Graphic Designer's Take
- Graphic designer, eh? More or less creatively satisfying
- Sewickley painter turns hobby into successful career
- UCF exhibit illustrates art's healing power
- No One Takes Graphic Designers Seriously
- Grab a set of SIX great wood textures
- ... and more on the way!
March is "Women's History Month" and to help celebrate, we highlight the works of outstanding Designing Women. Celebrate Designing Women in our Gallery, and let us introduce you to a few of the top designers, illustrators, and photographers in the world ; and we'll revisit some of our designing women from the past . . . what a great month! March 1, 2015
Okay, we've found some more for "Women's History Month"! Actually, some of these were sent in by readers, and we have several more to bring ing. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf part TWO :
- Marie Assénat : How much fun can you have?
- Jessica Svendsen : real graphic design
- Leta takes a unique point of view
- Felicita Sala Italian playfulness
- Nicole Miller-Wong
- Amanda Jane Jones
- and more to come!