You need to get your files up there accurately and quickly ? 'Deliver Express' automatically sends and shares files across the Internet and local networks. Deliver Express processes files from watched hot folders and supports FTP, Amazon S3, WebDAV, AFP and other remote and local services. If you're moving files ... you need the Express January 5, 2015
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #12 ~ December
- Greetings and welcome to December and the Holidays!
- 25 awesome examples of fantasy illustration from The Golden Age of Illustration
- Photoshop Madness : in the holiday spirit from dimwits to families to snow globes and others
- 429 Professional Photoshop Styles - never make styles from scratch again!
- Are you being held hostage by Adobe? InDesign? No more!
- Candy Canes, Bells, Ribbons, and Santa : Adobe Illustrator vector files for the Holidays!
- 60-Seconds #317 : Goodbye SpamCop
- Typography : many styles and combinations make this a true vintage collection!
- Typography : Adorn your designs with borders, banners and catchwords collection!
- Counting on your support
- A Quarter Century online ... and more December 1, 2014
Really, that's okay. It happens to us all. You have to come up with a new image but that blank sheet of paper and blank Illustrator window are just no help at all. Maybe you should hire another designer. Maybe you should give up. But wait -- all you need is a quick, easy, vector based logo design app to start knocking around ideas. Maybe you need Logopop! November 28, 2014
As you get ready for 2015, some things you may want focus on is developing your publishing strategy to run with the winners! We've come a long way and publishing today takes some careful construction and on-time delivery. C'mon and follow along as we follow publishing channels
 The 10% digital-to-print rule: what success with digital magazines looks like
 Google Loves Print: Guidelines Tell Us So
 The future of digital publishing: Going back to hieroglyphics
 Print gets their attention; digital brings it to life
 From BBC to BuzzFeed: Lessons in mobile publishing
 The 100-to-1 rule: Creating the best headlines
-- and more ... November 25, 2014
Another year, and another realm of possibilities for publishing -- and it's not going away -- no, social networking has not taken over. Times are chaning, but some things stay the same! Stay tuned with DT&G's Publishing Updates:
 Four Ways to Help Guest Writers Contribute Great Content for Your Company Blog
 Why so many digital publishers are flocking back to print
 Is paper and print still important? We asked the experts
 The Social Media Frequency Guide: How Often To Post
 Digital advertising's bot distraction
 Are Digital Magazines Dead?
-- and more ... November 14, 2014
Okay, you knew we'd be back with more help for graphic designers, illustrators, scrapbookers, teachers, painters and anyone else involved in the visual communications field. Here are not only tons of general clip, bruches, styles, patterns and textures ... but also great clip art for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and holidays of all kinds -- PLUS -- 630 Illustrations with Typography -- vector and raster graphics files under several dozen catagories! Just take a look at a few of the files you'll be downloading . . . November 12, 2014
One of the worst things that happens to graphic designers is the dreaded "Version Racketeering." I don't know who first coined that phrase, but the Title 15 of the U.S. Federal Code defines racketeering as engaging in such practices as extortion. Racketeering legislation came into being as a result of someone forcing someone else to pay money to avoid something unpleasant, harm or punishment. Version racketeering says ... "pay us money by upgrading or we won't let you open this file." For years, Adobe and Microsoft have been the chief extortionists in the software industry, but many others practice it as well. I often thank Barebones Software for BBEdit, because it opens most all files, and GraphicsConverter because it opens any image file. No such luck for Adobe InDesign extortion though . . . until now! November 6, 2014
Thanksgiving is upon us, and these images have a lot of creative input. When they're from Dover, you also can be sure they are copyright screened. They are so low cost, you almost cannot afford not to get them -- specially now that they're all on CD! Enjoy! October 29, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #10 ~ October
- October: 20th Annual Fonts Festival
- Fonts Surf continued : fonts, lettering and typography surf Five
- 6: History, Signs and even a sip of booze fonts
- 7: making faces from font faces
- 8: Master Gerard Huerta, Kings, OpenType and Vintage Scripts
- 9: Signage Lettering trends, cursive fonts, and chic fonts for cheap
- 10: Ampersands : a 25 year love affair
- Day of the Dead graphics, clip art, design inspiration and fun
- Vintage Holiday Greeting Cards offer rich design inspiration
- If you only had ONE FONT... which one would it be and why
- 350 Free Fonts for Download Now - Come-n-get-em'
- 60-Seconds #316 : What's the most overused font?
- New font designed by Erik Spiekermann for the Hamilton Wood Type Foundry
- 301 Professional Photoshop & Illustrator Styles - never make styles from scratch again!
- Marketing Update : Pro Bono Work, Marketing Videos, Experts and Top U.S. Buzz
- &Else: News, Views, Reviews
- NOVEMBER: "Designing the Holidays"