EggMaps HD 1.04, is an important update to one of our favorite navigation apps for iPad. Offering a visually appealing directions-list view, with the map of your route in the background, EggMaps HD is the iPad-only app that provides Google Maps at full resolution. Unlike the iPhone version of Google Maps, EggMaps HD takes advantage of the larger iPad screen. Version 1.04 adds markers, terrain view and a much easier Street View. May 24, 2013
THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT for graphic designers and creatives, including: management, marketing, promotion, accounting, bidding, legal issues, copyright and operating your creative business for maximum profitability.
Is your business profitable? We'll try to help!
BOOK OF THE MONTH : Book Yourself Solid Illustrated: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and SellingJoin our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Marketers made it through the winter asleep -- but not it's time to start waking up and get a move on what's left of summer, and into the Fall buying season : here's the latest marketing update :
* Enhance your Instagram Web profile for improved exposure
* Personalized marketing drives buyer readiness and sales
* Editors and administrators can play nice together
* A few ways PR pros can capitalize on infographics
* The effectiveness of direct-mail marketing
* 4 social media trade show marketing tips
* 3 ways Google Glass could influence PR
* 5 top trends in mobile marketing 2013
... and more May 24, 2013
This Social Media update in the middle of May looks at Google+ hangouts, audiences, promotions, and preventing nightmares --
* Hangouts and Communities: The Road to Google+ [INFOGRAPHIC]
* How to Diagnose the Health of Your Social Media Strategy
* Discover more about your audience with social media
* How to Create Highly Engaging & Sharable Graphics
* Boost your Facebook engagement with promotions
* Can you prevent social media PR nightmares?
* Effectively manage a LinkedIn group
* Getting a grip on your social media
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking May 22, 2013
equinux announces the release of Mail Designer 1.3 for Mac. equinux enhances Mail Designer, its tool for creative professionals, with an interface to send and distribute mail designs and newsletters with Campaign Monitor. This integration greatly improves the marketing workflow for freelancers, creative professionals, and companies. Mail Designer and Campaign Monitor are ideal for launching newsletter campaigns and reaching large audiences. Users can build and create their own mail designs. May 20, 2013
Dig in and target the right market. Although ebooks now outsell print, there's still a huge and ready market . . . here's the latest publishing update:
* Survey: 87 percent of US magazine and newspaper publishers have an iPad app
* Printed customer communications — marketing opportunity or inconvenience?
* 75% of Advertisers Use Social Ads, Half Integrate With Print
* Global newspaper trends: Readership remains high
* To print or not to print? That is the question
* Mobile2Print: the future of print?
* Print Media's Digital Malpractice
* Copyright smarts
and more ... May 20, 2013
Award winning book app author, speaker and coach, Karen Robertson, takes readers through what a book app is, the step-by-step process for creating a storybook app and shares the personal stories 27 writers who've published book apps for the iPad. May 19, 2013
Here comes the event for Filemaker Developers : Design Studio June 4 - 6 in Oakland California. This three day training will be lead by veteran FileMaker Developer's Conference Speaker, Don Levan, President of Vanguard Custom Software and Founder of the Craft of FileMaker. Attendees will learn a formal process and set of practices for designing exceptional applications and interfaces. May 14, 2013
Design management consultant Ted Leonhardt, formerly global head of Anthem, has penned a series of columns dealing with business issues facing emerging designers. This is the second of the series of five pieces, which explore: How to land a brand design assignment, learning to negotiate, getting a job at the firm of your choice, and taking control of salary negotiations.... April 29, 2013
For many small business owners, advertising is limited to a restricted number of avenues. Cheap pricing and the potential for exponential sharing almost automatically throws social media/online marketing into the forefront. Begging the question; in an increasingly digital world, is print advertising still worth the investment? Some evidence suggests it is. April 24, 2013
Content marketing start-up Uberflip has released a new infographic about the state of social media advertising. Given mass consumer adoption of social media, over 75% of brands have incorporated social advertising into their integrated marketing budgets. March 26, 2013