The online world and its unsatiable hunger for money has broken all rules and enraged the online population to the point of mutany! The design community as well as old school internet purists said all along that you could tell your web page sucks if you have advertising. But the web industry just wouldn't listen. Now, it appears a huge push-back is coming and it will make the connected world a better place. November 23, 2015
THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT for graphic designers and creatives, including: management, marketing, promotion, accounting, bidding, legal issues, copyright and operating your creative business for maximum profitability.
Is your business profitable?
SHARE YOUR EXPERTISE: publish your expertise here
CAUTION : off-site links may arrive at web site using stalker links, tracking code or malvertising. Use an ad blocker.
USE FIREFOX 'READER' mode and avoid screen spam and malvertising.
There's a growing push-back for digital advertising ... while all the traditional forms are fully supported. You can do all kinds of futuristic marketing in print without ruffling a single feather. But if you send an advertising email, you're going to the spamcops! Let's see where we are . . . November 11, 2015
Here we are at the end of 2015 and it looks like mobile devices are taking over, but advertising is getting more and more difficult. Since the ad industry shot itself in the foot, I've been preaching and warning about this for over a decade. The advertising purveyence industry has a dirty secret: they're screwing the publishers AND the advertisers! But don't take my word for it . . .
- Video viewability is key to engagement, revenue opportunities
- Ad Injection: Yet Another Challenge for Online Advertising
- Is Facebook Becoming the Apple of Digital Ad Sales?
- Mobile Advertising Has A Measurement Problem
- Mobile To Dominate Digital Ad Spend In 2016
Custom Remote KeyPad, for iPhone/iPad/iPod was originally released for iOS 2 in 2008. After over 25,000 downloads and rave reviews, it was discontinued with the release of iOS 7 for technical reasons. The app has now been entirely rewritten for iOS 8+ using Appleís new Swift language and adopting the latest iOS technologies. October 21, 2015
How many times have you wished you could work with a partner, colleague or friend on the same drawing ... Live Sketchpad lets users collaborate with someone across the street - or on the other side of the world. Now, there's no excuse! August 10, 2015
The title of today's Marketing Update just about covers it all! Like the good, the bad and the ugly, we've got the myths, the hacks and the sins! The big cheese is a piece on Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner that makes some pretty stiff statements. Are they true? You decide for yourself.
- 5 Content Marketing Hacks: A Cheat Sheet for Content Brainstorming
- Audience Research Needn’t Be Costly or Time Consuming
- Forget campaigns: Build your marketing stack
- How to Execute an SEO Content Marketing Plan
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Digital Marketing
- Making Personalized Email Marketing Easier
- 3 rebranding lessons from Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
Got an iPad? Are you using it for client presentations? You should be. New technology is exciting, but with it comes the awkward business of figuring out just what's "appropriate" - especially with a very personal device like a tablet. So, we're really glad that Kim Feld sent this article to share with DTG readers! May 31, 2015
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
We get calls all the time from users saying their Mac has slowed down to a snail's pace and they don't know what to do. They have a hundred files on the desktop and they've been working on the same illustrator and Photoshop files over and over for a month. What do you do? May 28, 2015