How often have you wanted to get those business cards into digital form? This program makes it fairly easy, and lets you database all those contacts January 23, 2014
THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT for graphic designers and creatives, including: management, marketing, promotion, accounting, bidding, legal issues, copyright and operating your creative business for maximum profitability.
Is your business profitable? We'll try to help!
BOOK OF THE MONTH : Book Yourself Solid Illustrated: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and SellingJoin our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Resume Star 1.0 for iOS, which produces a professionally typeset PDF resume right on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Resume Star is a full-featured resume generator App, with an interesting twist: You only pay for the software if you land the interview. January 21, 2014
Don't be fooled by the business doldrums of the winter months! There are real opportunities for January, February and March. Here's our first marketing, public relations and advertising update for the year ... go for it :
* Ask yourself these questions before posting about the news
* Mobile ad spending is through the roof. That’s a big deal.
* Top Tips for Writing Successful SMS Marketing Messages
* 9 steps to effective business emails
* 3 Media Kit Must-Haves
... and more December 30, 2013
Calling all film-makers! Viewster launches Online Film Fest competition offering $100,000 prize money
Calling all film-makers! Viewster launches Online Film Fest competition offering $100,000 prize money --- plus you get the chance to impress the producer of '21 Grams' Ted Hope! December 22, 2013
Closing out 2013 sets us up to launch our marketing programs for 2014, and it's not a moment too early ... here we go :
* How Social Data Changes Everything We Know About Marketing
* Understanding and utilizing digital marketing
* How to Frame Your Visual Storytelling Strategy
* Are You Posting Without a Plan?
* Stop Losing Leads
... and more December 16, 2013
We love to see great ideas pop up, and we love passing them along to readers! A big THANKS goes out to our good friend Sandy Hibbard for sharing this wonderful and timely marketing tip with DTG readers. There's no better time than today -- right now -- to push your message in a friendly way. Sandy has the idea ... December 13, 2013
Cobalt v8 Solo and Xenon v8 Solo, are two new price points in the Designer Elements product line of 3D solid and surface modeling software -- it comes with a 3D mechanical parts library of 149,000 bearings, bolts, nuts and other parts November 15, 2013
Mr Ragan brings us back to the basic craft of writing press releases, touch on infographics and finding a new mobile market. Get ready for November ... here we go :
* Study: The state of social marketing — vision, purpose, value drive a new era of digital engagement
* Content Marketing Sweetens the Mix [Infographic]
* Design Emails With a Mobile Mindset: Five Tips
* If content is king, what would be queen?
* Measuring PR: Indicators of quality
* 6 AP Style rules for press releases
* Go Boldly Where Your Members Are
... and more October 28, 2013
All graphic designers need to be very aware of identity and branding. These books will become your trusted guides to getting and creating the very best for your clients
* 101 Design Methods: A Structured Approach for Driving Innovation in Your Organization
* The Art of Explanation: Making your Ideas, Products, and Services Easier to Understand
* Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
* Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team
* Ten Types of Innovation: The Discipline of Building Breakthroughs
* Communicating The New: Methods to Shape and Accelerate Innovation
* Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences
and more October 27, 2013