Here's another chance for artists, graphic designers, and creatives of all kinds to get their act cleaned up and profitable. Time tracking and estimating is the most difficult task that faces creatives. You need all the help you can get. Here's another opportunity November 24, 2015
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
Got an iPad? Are you using it for client presentations? You should be. New technology is exciting, but with it comes the awkward business of figuring out just what's "appropriate" - especially with a very personal device like a tablet. So, we're really glad that Kim Feld sent this article to share with DTG readers! May 31, 2015
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
We've screamed through the winter and spring is rolling by -- next thing you know it will be summer and back to school time! Your spring marketing sense needs to focus on the coming close of schools, graduation and summer vacations. Your clients should be ready to market strong!
- Five Questions to Help You Decide Whether You Need a Brand-Protection Tool
- Will Facebook force advertisers to forget about tracking cookies?
- A new pricing scheme will change how digital ads are sold
- Programmatic buys 'make sense' for industry
- Planning your next ad strategy
- . . . and more!
I didn't think I would need this when I started, either. But believe me, if you plan to change and grow, you'll eventually have to deal with employees. With employees comes the tedium and misery of managing their time, taxes and benefits. This is the kind of help you'll really need March 23, 2015
As society becomes more and more segmented, data mining will become more and more important to marketers, researchers, hipster life-hackers, planners and the media. You will need a data extraction tool to leverage data as they encounter it. Mac users will need one specifically designed for OSX and one that augments existing spreadsheet with data found on the web. Welcome Wordaux. March 18, 2015
During the first quarter marketing cooled off as weather tortured most parts of the U.S. The hints of spring are coming, and with them comes a steep increase in marketing activities. We'll keep this marketing update brief, there's another one due next week! March 11, 2015
- 1 of 10