Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
Even as a girl growing up in her beloved Bridgwater, doodling-dotty Angie Spurgeon had designs on a career in art.
A big fan of television’s legendary artist Tony Hart and his plasticine sidekick Morph, the talented youngster liked nothing better than to draw and colour in her creations on any available scraps of paper.
Full story : Western Morning News - www.westernmorningnews.co.uk
A better look at the book cover
Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
The publication, GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years and Beyond, was designed by RCA graduates 27-year-old Antonio Bertossi and 31-year-old Esa Matinvesi, and edited by Teal Triggs, Adrian Shaughnessy and Anna Gerber. It includes commissioned essays by graphic designers including Mike Dempsey and Shaughnessy, and interviews with past students, such as actor Alan Rickman, and staff members.
The book also includes artwork, including poster designs, installations and digital experiments. It has a gatefold cover, and foldout inner pages.
Full story : Sarah Dawood
Click here to see: some example pages.
NEXT: >interview with Jean Jullien; Studio Fernando; and more!
... continues on the next page!