I happened to search for a file name word the other day -- just looking for a file I knew was on the drive, and the results were quite a shock. It found eight (8) files with that word in the title. What's worse, 5 of those were exact duplicate iTunes music files!
Tidy Up! is an award-winning duplicate finder and disk tidying utility, and has been upgraded with new features and powers
Tidy Up! has become a must-have utility for Mac owners seeking to reclaim disk space being taken up by duplicate files and packages. Employing a fast search algorithm that quickly scans any mounted drive volumes (hard drives, optical discs and portable drives) without writing an index, Tidy Up! locates duplicate items using a wide range of criteria including: owner application, time created or modified, name, label, extension and content.
Tidy Up! also offers the capability to scan the databases of popular Apple applications such as iPhoto, Aperture, iTunes and Mail. Tidy Up! makes use of "Smart Baskets" for quick and easy organization of found items, with the ability to trash, move or archive duplicates, as well as the option to export a list of found items as HTML or text files.
Version 2 of Tidy Up! introduces nearly 50 new features to this already comprehensive tool. Among the key improvements are:
- A new Basic Search mode with over 90 predefined search types
- EXIF information supported through new search criteria and Smart Basket criteria
- The ability to exclude any supported applications (iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture and Mail) from the search, allowing for identification of items not included in their databases
- Smart Basket capability to identify items belonging to a particular album, playlist or mailbox
- Moved and trashed items may now be replaced with an alias or symbolic link
- A new and improved interface, including additional information displayed when selecting a found item
- New user manual
Version 2.2.3 of Tidy Up! requires OSX 10.5 or greater, Snow Leopard full compatible; for machines running earlier versions of Tiger and Leopard, Tidy Up! versions 1.2.11 and 1.4.10 are still available. Continues the discount of the 23%, buy it now and pay only $30 (USD) instead of $39; users of Tidy Up! version 1.x can upgrade for $20.
Hyperbolic Software has been creating award-winning software exclusively for the Macintosh since 1996. In addition to Tidy Up! the company publishes MacGizmo, Smart Trash, iTunes Dupe Barrier, Maigret and Doublet Scan (the Mac Classic only predecessor to Tidy Up!). Products may be purchased online.