"Complete Web Monitoring" by Alistair Croll and Sean Power, demonstrates how to measure every aspect of your web presence including analytics, backend performance, usability, communities, customer feedback, and competitive analysis whether you're running an e-commerce site, a community, a media property, or a Software-as-a-Service company. This book's concrete examples, clear explanations, and practical recommendations make it essential for anyone who runs a website.
With this book you will:
* Discover how visitors use and interact with your site through web analytics, segmentation, conversions, and user interaction analysis
* Find out your market's motivations with voice-of-the-customer research
* Measure the health and availability of your website with synthetic testing and real-user monitoring
* Track communities related to your online presence, including social networks, forums, blogs, microblogs, wikis, and social news aggregators
* Understand how to assemble this data into clear reports tailored to your organization and audience
You can't fix what you don't measure. "Complete Web Monitoring" shows you how to transform missed opportunities, frustrated users, and spiraling costs into online success.
Alistair Croll is an analyst at research firm Bitcurrent, where he covers emerging web technologies, networking, and online applications. He also writes for a variety of blogs and is the author of numerous articles on Internet performance, security, cloud computing, and web technologies.
Sean Power spends way too much time on the computer and needs to get out more. He has worked as a web systems administrator since the mid 90s, has worked with online communities for companies such as MTV Northern Europe, and helped users reduce the headaches of managing and monitoring web infrastructures through Coradiant, a web performance monitoring vendor. You can find out more about him on LinkedIn, hear him ramble away on Twitter , or read about other stuff he's thinking of at the website he shares with Alistair, Total Web Monitoring.
Complete Web Monitoring
Alistair Croll, Sean Power
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.