What's missing from the box? The manuals of course. But, Lesa has captured it for you, and brings it to you in this all-inclusive tome of fresh, enjoyable, and high-energy learning experience.
Photoshop is the world's most widely used photo-editing and graphics program. But with all its fantastic new features and options, Photoshop CS5 can bewilder even the most seasoned professional. Packed with tips, tricks, and practical advice, this Missing Manual teaches you everything you need to know to edit photos and create beautiful documents in Photoshop -- whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro ready to try advanced techniques.
Photoshop CS5 is more amazing than ever, but it can be overwhelming if you're just getting started. This book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a conversational, friendly style -- with no technical jargon. After a thorough introduction to the program, you'll delve deep into Photoshop's secrets with expert tips and practical advice you can use every day.
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's efficient new workspace
- Unlock the power. Learn the best ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and more
- Bring images to life. Discover how to effectively retouch, resize, and recolor your photos
- Be artistic. Create beautiful illustrations and paintings, and use text effectively
- Share your work. Produce great-looking photos for print and the Web
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks
- Get bonus online content. Find more great material on the Missing CD page
Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual
By Lesa Snider
Publisher: O'Reilly Media / Pogue Press, 816 Pages
Written with the clarity, humor, and objective scrutiny, Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual is the friendly, thorough resource you need.
You probably already know Lesa. She's a friend to Apple Mac enthusiasts, and is a proud member of the BMWMOA, F800 Riders Club, the Colorado Mac Users Group, and North Coast Mac Users Group. But she's also a stock photographer and chief evangelist for iStockphoto, and founder of the creative tutorial site GraphicReporter. Lesa is the author of Photoshop CS4: The Missing Manual (Pogue Press/O'Reilly) and many video training titles including From Photo to Graphic Art, Practical Photoshop Elements, and Photoshop Elements 8 for Photographers (by KelbyTraining.com), and Graphic Secrets for Business Professionals (Lynda.com). She writes a regular colulmn for Photoshop User magazine called Graphic Secrets, as well as a monthly column for Elements Techniques, and Macworld Magazine.
IF you use the books -- and use them correctly, you won't need any other training other than just a good forum or discussion group online for specific questions.
thanks for reading