DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #2 ~ February
- February is for Lovers
- Valentines' GIFT for YOU: Premium Infographics with fully editable text
- Photoshop Valentine's Madness Tutorials, Brushes, Clip Art
- Black History Month 2014 Design Center special Parts ONE and TWO
- Creative Update #164: Type, lettering, illustration and design for 2014
- Creative Update #165: Graphics for Games, Logos, Contests and Coffee
- 60-Seconds 304: Moaning about government surveillance? Seriously?
- 60-Seconds 305: How hand lettering gave me the inspiration to become a graphic designer
- 60-Seconds 306: What gave you the inspiration to become a graphic designer 2
- Web Update for 2014: More SEO, Social, pinning, photos and Blogging
- &Else News, Views and Reviews for February:
- The Secrets of Free Advertising
- March: DESIGNING WOMEN
- February... love the one you're with ... all the way to March
Welcome new subscribers
Thanks for subscribing to receive the DTG Newsletter - mailed once per month.
* This month, we welcome new subscribers from www.DTG-Forums.com : Photoshop 911, and the Design Cafe, both at http://www.dtg-forums.com/, and look forward to answering many questions in the forums.
Well, here are some idea starters to get your February rockin'! Later in the month, we'll celebrate Black History Month... but for now, concentrate on your significant one!
No matter if you're a professional designer, a business owner or a college student - you know the value of a good infographic. If you are a pro graphic designer, and want to do some killer infographics, you need this deal.
I want to send you this package and save you a $300 bucks. Here are $340 worth of graphics and you pay only $35. -- Thousands of graphs, charts, diagrams, shapes, arrows, and more, divided into 17 of the most used categories, such as: cars, computers, food, holidays, insurance, communication, mobile, online data, shopping, software and more! We're going to turn this off in 14 days:
Valentines' GIFT for YOU: Premium Infographics with fully editable text
Happy Valentine's Day . . . happy tutorial hunting! Lots of spam and craziness out there so be careful. For this issue we decided to play it clean and get you some cool stuff! So here goes :
* Hearts on a sun rays background wallpaper exclusive tutorial
* The Graphics Fairy brings FREE Clip Art
* Heart in Envelope Icon Psd Tutorial
* Create a beautiful love wallpaper
* Photoshop Heart Wing Logo Photo
* Valentine's Love Poster
. . . and MORE
Photoshop Valentine's Madness Tutorials, Brushes, Clip Art
Welcome to our 19th annual Black History Month surf, where we have a look at outstanding contributions to art and design from the black community. We've enjoyed researching this year's lineup, and hope you enjoy the next four pages of resources. Also, don't forget to pick up your free "Black History Month" poster, and see the link for your own research! Black History Month Real Black History Month - Malcolm X: Evidence of US Intelligence Assassination Black History Month The Rosa Parks Coloring & Songs Page Black History Month Making Black History Month Relevant Black History Month Toon a Day for Black History Month Black History Month Black History Month clip art Black History Month The Queen Bee Report
Black History Month 2014 Design Center special Parts ONE and TWO
Here we go into 2014 our 24th year online and our 26th year publishing DTG Magazine. Creative inspiration is what jogs you off your stagnent creative block. See some of these and join us each week for another creative discovery tour ... here we go:
* Here's the typography daily blog creative blog
* Best of 2013: Top Tips, Insights, and Tricks
* 3D Type Sculptures + Animation
* Professionals vs. Amateurs
* The Design Federation
* Painting Supersized
... and more !
Creative Update #164: Type, lettering, illustration and design for 2014
We round out January and launch into February with this Creative update ... here we go:
* Search for Canada’s 150th logo stirs graphic design challenge
* Jessica is back ... this time : Starbucks!
* Teen starts home-based graphics business
* GRAND THEFT needs GRAND Typography
* Design Spec sometimes pays off . . .
* Deborah Sussman interview
... and more !
Creative Update #165: Graphics for Games, Logos, Contests and Coffee
I have to write this rant once about ever couple of years or so. I preached it in the late 1980s, I preached it in the mid-1990s, then again in the 2000s and I guess it's time again.
60-Seconds 304: Moaning about government surveillance? Seriously?
When somebody asks me why I went into graphic design, several reasons and experiences come to mind. I can still remember the first time I saw a quill, dipped in paint, dragging out such beautiful lettering. I ran across a YouTube video that brought back those crystal-clear memories! Let me share the story with you, and ask that you share your story with 60-Seconds readers!
60-Seconds 305: How hand lettering gave me the inspiration to become a graphic designer
In my previous 60-Seconds column I explained an event from my youth that inspired me into the graphic design field. I then asked readers what inspired them into the design fields. Some responses tumbled in, and I asked the same question in several of the LinkedIN groups which concentrate on graphic design. I got zero response in two of the groups, but one produced some good stories. Here are just a few selected comments from readers.
60-Seconds 306: What gave you the inspiration to become a graphic designer 2
Moving into a new year with more and more coverage of SEO as well as blogs and conversion rates for getting your social media marketing going strong . . . follow along
* 10 questions to ask when creating a social-media marketing plan
* 5 Creative Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog Posts
* 8 Landing Page Remedies to Boost Conversion Rates
* 8 SEO cleanse and recharge ideas for fall
* 3 SEO success factors for 2014
.... and the continuing online world
Web Update for 2014: More SEO, Social, pinning, photos and Blogging
* Scan Business Cards And Turn Them Into Contacts With Contact Snapper
* FrostyGlass Effects for Final Cut Pro X Released on FxFactory
* 'A Picture Book of Snowy Owls' Combines Photography and Verse
* MyBloc Delivers First And Only 3D App For Social Networking
* 24 new Design projects get funding from Knight Foundation
* 5 SEO Trends Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know for 2014
* Resume Star Bets You'll Score the Interview
... and more news in the &else department &Else News, Views and Reviews for February:
The opportunities for getting free advertising for your product or services are limited only by your own imagination and energies.
The Secrets of Free Advertising
DESIGNING WOMEN Our March theme is Women's History Month... and DESIGNING WOMEN! We'll be discovering famous accomplishments by women, and we'll be visiting studios of women in the visual arts, design, illustration and communications industry.
WIN some of our valuable prizes by sharing with DT&G readers Tell us your...
* Accomplishments by women in the arts
* Your experiences as a Designing Woman
* Favorite Women Designers
REGISTER TO SHOW YOUR BEST WORK, if you are a woman in the design field! Place your post at our PRIZE REGISTRATIONS FORM
March: DESIGNING WOMEN
Hope February is good to you. Hope February is good to me.
Next month we've got some stunning photography and illustration and design work coming your way with the first round of "Designing Women" ... each year, we get more than enough, so it rolls over into April as well.
* MARCH: Opening of the 2006 "Designing Women"
* APRIL: More "Designing Women" and Spring Color & Palette Design
* MAY: Summer Design Starts, Graduation and on and on
We'd like to see YOU participate in any of these themes. ** Show us your portfolio. ** Share your problems and solutions. Help others with your knowledge and experience. Here's how you can contact me to get started.
And, as for this month, well, you've already wasted a perfectly good hour reading the DTG newsletter.
Hopefully all is not wasted and you've gained at least one helpful tidbit of info.
Loving February ane looking forward to March's Designing Women edition ...
Thanks for reading...
Parting words for February ...
"And, if you can't love the one you love...
Honey, Love the one you're with!
- Stephen Stills (February... love the one you're with ... all the way to March)
Graphic Design & Publishing Center
Don't forget ... we encourage you to share your discoveries about favorite or famous graphic designers and illustrators with other readers. Just contact me.
- Subscribe to DTG News so you'll get the email each month!
- Send in your tutorials - Share with all our readers
- Show us your Portfolio? - We'd like to see your work
- JOIN DTG on FaceBook - we're having lots of fun there
- Follow on Twitter - Get the news as it happens
- Follow on RSS - Full listings of content
- Contact us - Let us know what's happening with you
- Contribute articles - Our readers would like to hear from you
- Contribute support - Help us keep this free publication online
- Get Linked - Text Links and Newsletter posts in DTG
-------------------------------------------------------------------- ........ The Design & Publishing Center's DT&G Magazine ....... ...... is the longest established electronic publication ...... .............. in the industry with continuing ................ ........... high content/low noise information for ............ . designers, publishers, and communication arts practitioners . ............... http://www.graphic-design.com/ ................ ............ copyright 2014, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .............. --------------------------------------------------------------------